Community Forum

Problem connecting to disney plus app and website

New Poster

Problem connecting to disney plus app and website

It seems like theres a ip block everytime I use home wifi connecting to disney app and disney website. Tried using laptop, and any other device still cant connect. Sometimes giving me error code 83, and sometimes it's just loading forever until it stops. But.... when I switch to my cellphone data, everything works fine, laptop cellphone, ipad. It works fine. What is the Xfinity doing about this?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Problem connecting to disney plus app and website

@Odguess wrote:
It seems like theres a ip block everytime I use home wifi connecting to disney app and disney website. Tried using laptop, and any other device still cant connect. Sometimes giving me error code 83, and sometimes it's just loading forever until it stops. But.... when I switch to my cellphone data, everything works fine, laptop cellphone, ipad. It works fine. What is the Xfinity doing about this?

https://www.adweek.com/digital/disney-launch-marred-connectivity-issues/

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

The above link isn’t much help but a couple others have had issues
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Re-Disney-plus-not-working-on-modem/td-p/3284727

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

I'm having the same problem.  Of course it was crazy on the first day, but I was able to connect just fine on my wifi for several days.  But now I haven't been able to connect on my wifi since last Thursday!  

New Poster

Same. I've been chatting with Disney+ about this since last week. I was told this is a "known issue" between them and Comcast but it doesn't seem to be affecting all customers. I've talked to Xfinity/Comcast, too, and the tech person I spoke with hadn't heard anything about it. Very frustrating.

New Poster

From what i have found on Google, it seems to have to do with the Xfinity wireless gateway. You can't change the DNS setting on it like you can on an independent modem/router. I don't understand why it only effects a few of us. I contacted disneyplus support yesterdya, but have not heard back.

I am ordering a modem/router from Amazon to see if chnging the DNS works.