poirierds76's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, January 26th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

Pixelated

I recently swapped out the xfinity supplied modem/router for a Motorola MG7700 modem/router. I also changed my cable package to a dual bundle by removing my phone service. Now the tv is almost unwatchable. It constantly freezes and pixelates in all rooms. I have taken off, reconnected, and tightened all connections with no change.
Have also reset the cable box and router. It is hooked up with a splitter out of the wall but it is a newer splitter with up to 2.4GHZ and the same splitter was on with the old modem which did not have a problem. The router/modem should not really have anything to do with my cable pixelation but not sure what else it can be.
Has anyway experienced similar issues and if so what was the resolution?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@poirierds76 wrote:
I recently swapped out the xfinity supplied modem/router for a Motorola MG7700 modem/router. I also changed my cable package to a dual bundle by removing my phone service. Now the tv is almost unwatchable. It constantly freezes and pixelates in all rooms. I have taken off, reconnected, and tightened all connections with no change.
Have also reset the cable box and router. It is hooked up with a splitter out of the wall but it is a newer splitter with up to 2.4GHZ and the same splitter was on with the old modem which did not have a problem. The router/modem should not really have anything to do with my cable pixelation but not sure what else it can be.
Has anyway experienced similar issues and if so what was the resolution?

pixelation is caused by low signal and or high noise in the cable TV service. you will need a tech out. the proper splitters for xfinity are rated to 1002 ghz.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

If you take your modem right off the cable does it change anything(in case it’s backfeeding out). Is it pixelating on just a few channels or all? What boxes do you have?
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here