Ortrela's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 26th, 2019 10:00 PM

Closed

Phantom data usage

After reading through a few threads it’s clear that this “problem” is quite common amongst Xfinity users.

Without going into detail I’ll try to make it clear in one line.

“There is no way that I’ve used +1TB of data this month! No way”

If and one a representative contacts me I can go into specific details, like the fact that I haven’t been home for most of the month, or that we are very light internet users.

Although I appreciate the “courtesy” month, if my real data usage doesn’t get used to calculate my monthly bill I’ll be changing ISP next month.

Very shady guys, I’ve already called and changed the password to my modem, router and access points. Dara usage keeps climbing at an exponential rate despite barely using the Internet.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

36 Messages

5 years ago

Get on the phone or chat with them and have them verify they have hte MAC address of your modem right.  You can also verify this using the app by doing troubleshoot or reset cable modem and watch the lights to see if it actually restarts.  If not, there is a typo and your getting billed for someone else's bandwidth usage.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here