hp25's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, May 10th, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Personal router is not working with any modem - SB6141, SB6190 with NetGear AC1900, Linksys EA 7500

My personal router can not keep up the connection with my modem. I had ARRIS SB6141 with Netgear AC1900 router. Suddenly I keep loosing my connection ( I have 300MBS connection). I have changed router to Linksys EA7500 and same issue. I change my  modem to SB6190 and it still the same issue. If I bypass my router and connect to modem directly, connection stays on. But I need more ethernet port and WiFi. 

I finally have to call Comcast tech and user their rental modem XB6-A. I don't wanted to pay monthly rental charge. 

Anyway,  to find out what could have been the issue with my modems and routers. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Contact any of the modem or router’s manufacturers. You already proved it wasn’t a Comcast issue when you plugged directly into a modem. That’s where their responsibility ends if you don’t use their equipment. In any of the scenarios you tried, did you ever change the Ethernet cord between the two?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the input. 

Both routers are brand new and SB6190 is new. Do you think there might be some issue ? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Sure there’s an issue but neither brand is Comcast and you stated the internet is fine out of the modem. It isn’t Comcast’s responsibility to ensure 2 devices that isn’t theirs functions properly. Its either the manufacturer or user error
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here