Community Forum

No coax cable behind the coax outlet

New Poster

No coax cable behind the coax outlet

So I just moved into the third floor studio of my building this month and I just bought xfinity internet today and I was trying to connect to internet and I noticed it wasn’t connecting so I checked the coax cable and took out the bolts on the wall to see there is no cable connecting to the coax outlet is it my building managers job to have the coax cable put in or xfinity
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: No coax cable behind the coax outlet

If you have Comcast out, it’s a service charge. It’s your account, your responsibility but check with your building manager if they want to pay for it.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

@Ethan98 wrote:
So I just moved into the third floor studio of my building this month and I just bought xfinity internet today and I was trying to connect to internet and I noticed it wasn’t connecting so I checked the coax cable and took out the bolts on the wall to see there is no cable connecting to the coax outlet is it my building managers job to have the coax cable put in or xfinity

@Ethan98 

Per a call with Comcast about a month ago, "Comcast technicians and contractors do not perform any type of "running lines through drywall" or any type custom outlet work. This is 100% the customer's responsibility." 

Also, per the person I spoke with, you as a customer are also required to pay for said work and ensure that these new cables meet Comcast requirements, including using RG - 6 Quad - Shield Coaxial and each outlet needs to be wired individually (no splitters). 

Since this is a rental property this is most likely not your responsibility and should be handled by your landlord. 

Expert

@Here4Help wrote:

and each outlet needs to be wired individually (no splitters). 

FWIW, all outlets need to come from a main splitter. Otherwise, there could not be multiple outlets, only one.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!