Stephenrenn's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sunday, February 21st, 2021 8:00 PM

Closed

Newest modem slower internet

So I have the fastest internet from Comcast which is 1gb internet. They gave me the new modem to Handel the speeds and the best I got out of it was 400 to 500 mbs. Then they upgraded me last week with their newest modem and now I am getting in the 200’s. When I first got it activated I was Alamo getting 400 which was still less they told me wait a few days it will get faster but it’s now much slower then it ever was.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us on Xfinity Forums. I would like to look into this for you and see what is going on with your internet speeds and make sure you get what you should be!

Please send me a private message and include your first and last so I can assist you. To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAbbie” and click “Send a message”

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue. They sent me a notice that I could upgrade the COMCAST modem to accommodate their new 1.2 GB  capabilities. I was getting 400-over 500 with several devices running at the same time. Every day my husband and I are in zoom meetings and my 8 year old has been in google meets for remote school. My husband and I will game at the same time and still get these number consistently. I wasn't looking for a new modem, if I had not have received the email I would not have changed. I swapped it out yesterday and I can't even get 200 Mbps when it is just me online. Did you get any answers?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here