Bigb1833's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, January 21st, 2021 9:00 PM

Closed

Low down stream power

I have Arris surfboard doccis 3.1 32x8 modem connected to google WiFi mesh network. My connection to my WiFi is great. The problem I’m having is my internet speed drastically tanks everyday causing me to have to reset my modem 2-3 times a day. When I say tank I mean it’s tanks to 1.4 mbs.. after a reset I can run a speed test and be around 650mbs. I’ve contacted xfinity over a dozen times and nothing gets resolved and all they have me do is reset and run a test after I explain doing that fixes it for an hour or so but not permanently.
I contacted arris they said my upstream power is low. It’s currently 42-46 and should be between 45-51. It’s the isp job to adjust the power how do I get them to do it?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

They aren’t going to do it because your upstream is considered in Comcast’s specs, which is what matters. What’s your downstream levels like your thread title suggests?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I can get those later. I don’t get why they won’t both adjust it. I’m paying for a service that I can’t use. I feel like they are forcing me to use their equipment so it will run at the constant high speed that I pay for.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

There’s nothing to adjust, it’s in spec. You can use an attenuator and adjust it yourself but having a tech out is wasting their time and it’ll cost you a service charge for no reason. Again, Arris specs don’t matter just Comcast specs. Don’t just focus on one piece of the puzzle, there’s more than just upstream.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks.

I guess I’m going to order a modem from them and see if it makes a difference.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

@Bigb1833, when the issue happens have you tried connecting or testing a device directly to your modem? This would help you diagnose the issue. This very well could be an issue with your wireless signal or third-party equipment. There could also be something on the Xfinity network causing a problem, you never know. Bypassing your third-party devices is the best way to eliminate factors. We can also take a closer look at all your signals and service in your area. Send a private with your name and service address anytime. We need your account info to see your downstream signal and all signal to noise ratios. If you have never sent us a PM this link can come in handy. The "Private Messenger" section at the bottom is a good reference. https://comca.st/2MXDJVW

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here