Community Forum

Internet outage and questionable offer

Highlighted
New Poster

Internet outage and questionable offer

Has anyone had their internet go out?  I called the support number, waited on hold for 15 minutes and then got a spiel about $99 for the next three years.  The person I spoke with wouldn't put me through to customer service until I provided a credit card to charge the $99.  I noticed then during the call that my internet came back and hung up on her.  Has anyone had this happen?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Internet outage and questionable offer

If your phone has a call log, check that you dialed the right number.  I once transposed digits calling Social Security and got some kind of scammer instead.  It wouldn't surprise me if there were similar scams using likely misdials of other popular service numbers.

Highlighted
New Poster

I called 1-800-xfinity that I found on the website (I just double-checked the number).
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

That should be correct, but does your call log show it was dialed correctly?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I've never had a problem scheduling a service call.  Haven't needed it often, though.

Highlighted
Expert

@kmdraus wrote:

Has anyone had their internet go out?  I called the support number, waited on hold for 15 minutes and then got a spiel about $99 for the next three years.  The person I spoke with wouldn't put me through to customer service until I provided a credit card to charge the $99.  I noticed then during the call that my internet came back and hung up on her.  Has anyone had this happen?

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/1253575#M94474

Post the requested info from here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Information-Requested-for-Connection-Related-Posts/m...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!