BaseballChris's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, February 10th, 2021 6:00 PM

Closed

Internet and TV connectivity- Tech#2

I'm having a second similar issue that first appear a month ago. My modem and all cable boxes have no connectivity that suddenly starts out of nowhere. I've restarted the modem several times as well as the cable boxes.

I can *sometimes* get a TV picture, but definitely can't access the guide or change the TV channel. My modem displays no connectivity.

This occurred before and stopped 20 minutes before the tech arrived. The tech stated that he saw some "issues with the line." He then stated I had too much noise on the line and ran a new cable to one box, checked all the other lines, and installed some new terminations. Everything was fine for about 2 months, then the issue started again. I have another tech coming tomorrow, any suggestions as to what to do/ask?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @BaseballChris, how are you? I hope outside of this service issue your day is going well. I'm sorry about the connection issue. I know this activity is hindering your experience and causing a headache. I would just ask the tech to let you know what is discovered. Several factors can impact your signal quality and sometimes an intermittent connection is a process to pinpoint. Our techs are really good at being detailed oriented and troubleshooting problems like this. I know we will take the right action to resolve this issue. I can follow up with you tomorrow to make sure we resolve the issue. If you have any other questions in the meantime please let us know. 

Problem Solver

• 

948 Messages

3 years ago

Since it's both tv and internet, I would check the splitter, where the line from the pole divides the internet and tv

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @BaseballChris, I hope your night has been smooth so far. Do you have any fun plans for the weekend? I wanted to follow up with you as promised regarding that tech visit. How did things go, were they able to resolve your picture issues? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here