a3v's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, July 26th, 2020 9:00 PM

Closed

Internet Unstable

For the past couple of months, my internet connection/speed is very unreliable and unstable. I have been in touch with the Tech Support people and all the want to do is to reset my modem, reset my router and will tell me that they will escalate this problem, that someone will be contacting me within 24 hours, etc... etc... My current subscription is 500 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up. Whenever I do an Xfinity Speed Test it only dials to not even 100 Mbps? I don't even get the speed that I'm paying for. To be honest, if I have the option of getting to another internet provider, I would have left Xfinity a long time ago. I have been with Xfinity since they started Comcast. Just so frustrating no help whatsoever. 

Alex 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same problem.

The reliability of the bandwidth (between download speeds of 4Mbps - 80Mbps during the day; and upload speeds of 0Mbps - 4Mbps) being delivered is so terrible these past few months, that I am not getting my money's worth. I cannot get my work done because my Voice conferencing gets disconnected or the other side cannot hear what I am saying, and my Kid's Google Meet for his school gets disconnected and is affecting his will to learn. Everyone in my household is so very unhappy.

I finally got a technician that checked my new Modem, physical cables, out side cabling to the road, and have been told that my issue is due to congestion.

Xfinity has to upgrade the infrastructure...but of course, he does not know when this would happen.  I got a case ID number...what's next, Xfinity??  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My internet has been very sluggish as well the last couple of weeks here in Fresno CA. I assumed it was because school started and the kids were all learning from home. If Xfinity is experiencing congestion, they should admit it. Two months ago I bought a 175 dollar router that has worked great for streaming movies on Amazon. The last movie I streamed off my t.v was so bad and pixilated, Amazon emailed me that they were refunding my money. I didn't even know they did that.

I don't trust their speed test. I have tried it at times when it was dragging ,but the test said it was good, even standing next to my router, with my phone showing a weak signal. I live in the city, and have received decent service in the past. But these last two weeks my t.v. and laptop have been showing low bandwidth.

I really feel it's probably because of COVID, so many kids schooling from home, and people like me telecommuting part or all of the week. I just wish they would aknowledge this issue, and tell us they are working on it. Give us an email to contact them directly, instead of setting up a fourm so we can complian among ourselves about what lousy service we are getting from them.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here