JoLiEv's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Friday, April 24th, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

Internet Problems

Why does my internet randomly and persitently get interrupted?  Even my smart TV which has an ether net cable directly into the modem, can lose access.

I replaced the modem (another Comcast device) and it is no better.  The WiFi signal indicator is strong on my device, the speed is fine when it works (no slowing) and the modem never give any indication that there is a problem.  All the appropriate lights are lit.

I have this problem aroud the clock.  Wok up at 3am and same problem.  

My kids's schoolingis getting interrupted,  I can not chart on my patients or worse my telehealth visits crash (physician still working in the hopsital and at home!).  

Why does this happen!?!  Worse, I can never speak to someone.  The phone numbers won't let me me through, virtual chat takes forever and then we end up rebooted eveyr time.  I can't function and they will give me no insight as to the problem.  and there is no indictaion from the equipment that there is a problem.

My neighbor experinces none of this.  There is no system outage.

I am starting to suspect that Comcast is deliberately doing this so I will pay more.  My neighbor spends double per month becuase he has cable and internet while I only have internet.

I can find no techinical explanation for such bad product delivery and the customer service is so evasive it makes me think this is intentional. Am I wrong? 

I am at the  point now that, since I can't do my job as well and my children can't attend their classes, I may need to see what other ISPs are out there.  Even if I have to pay more, it may be worth it.

Support says to reboot - which I often do and it often solves the problem.  there is never an explanation and it always happens again. Multiple times per day.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Start with the modem's signal stats. Perhaps they already are, or they are close to being out of spec and intermittently they go completely of spec. Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I will look, but I would be shocked since I went to comcast in person less than 3 wks ago to get a brand new one.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

It's not the device itself, it's the lines / connection quality to the Comcast system that we are looking for problems with.

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

4 years ago

sounds like it's on comcast end. Have a service tech come out and pay a visit. You'll be forever trying to resplve it over the phone.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Arris
Model: TG1682G

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Ok, home now. Tried to open those links but only a blank page.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Can’t even request one, all the robot customer service dumps me.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here