WampaOne's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Friday, July 31st, 2020 3:00 AM

Closed

Internet Drops Every Five Minutes?

I have a CGM4331COM modem which is an XB7. My internet connection is dropping every five minutes for about 5 seconds.

I have a new line from the box to the house. I have no other coax connectivity in my house. I have had three techs out to my house over the past several months and I know that everything from the curb to the modem is good.

I have tried two different gateways, two different computers, and wired and wireless and all produce the same results.

EVERY five minutes I have 100% packet loss for about 5 seconds and then it is back to normal. 

This is okay for ordinary activities (web browser) but for WiFi calling, VOIP, and live streaming it stinks?

Has anyone had this issue or a problem with this modem? 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

4 years ago

Doesn't look like anyone's addressed this, but I just had the same thing happen.  WAN is briefly lost five times in a row at five minute intervals.  LAN was fine, but no internet signal.  Seems like something on the Xfinity side...

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

same

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same issue. I have been bandied about in chats with support technicians, and have been waiting for them to call me back for 2 hours. Random drops and restarts numerous times throughout the day.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

In my case, the internet shows down erratically when there's a lot of activity on my wifi. This is odd because when I had the 300mbps plan, I had the same number of devices and used my own Arris modem. Now that I am using the Comcast provided modem, on a 1000mbps plan, everything is poop.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

What modem does everyone have on this thread?

PS--This is a joke.  Does Comcast host this forum just for us to complain to each other?  They don't take any guidance or have anyone monitoring it?  What a joke.  I am going to go up the chain and get this solved one way or another.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I feel you. I've been a Comcast customer for over 15+ years. I never quite understood why people complained. I had issues and Comcast was able to resolve, except my recent issues. I'm just a tad bit disappointed at Comcast.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Hello, see my response on another thread. I ended up buying an Arris SB8200 modem. This has improved the situation. No drops, I do notice some slowing down when I do video streaming, at least there's no drops.

Contributor

• 

284 Messages

4 years ago

I found that if you go to your State Dept of Telecommunications and report the issue it should get the attention of comcast.  I have had to do that in a situation that I had.  I would recommend that you have detailed information of the difficultly of getting it fixed, i.e. dates and times of your calls what happened did not happen etc.  IMHO.  I found that to be much better at getting the results that you want.  And always do it in a nice manner, not like a "Karen" as they now call it. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here