bluefire114's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, October 20th, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

Intermittent 20sec Disconnects - High Uncorrectables Account

Starting 2 days ago, I've started to get intermittent disconnects that usually last between 10-15seconds. It's pretty annoying, especially when I'm WFH doing video calls and my connection drops (though the weird thing is that i'm able to still hear the other side's audio while they see me as disconnected leading me to believe I have an upload issue).

Anyway, I did the usual - Comcast support restarted my modem a few times and then verified that their connection to my home or tap is all good on their side. I also took a look at my SB6190 modem logs and it shows good SNR and POWER for upstream and downstream, but I'm seeing high "uncorrectables" which I've never seen before. Anyone have a guess at what's going on? Attached is a screen shot of the logs from roughly 30 min after Comcast reset my modem. During that period, I've had 3 disconnects of about 15 sec each.

[Edit: links to screenshots since they aren't approved yet by moderators]

https://ibb.co/XL6YD57
https://ibb.co/dbx41wF
https://ibb.co/942r8rt

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 3.09.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 3.10.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 3.10.33 PM.png

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

Can you re upload them; The photos aren’t showing. It could be plant fault

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

@bluefire114 wrote: ... Attached is a screen shot of the logs ...

The images you posted aren't visible. They all look like this:

HfImgPlcHldr.gif

It's probably because the images require moderator approval. That might take some time, from a few hours to a day or so. Alternatively, you could upload the images to a file sharing site and post links to them here, or post text instead of images.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I had a tech out last week twice fix wires replace connectors, went through my entire Netgear modem router and basically shrug with no answer as to why I am experiencing these drops. Worked for 4 days and now im getting internet drops like crazy today!  WHATS GOING ON XFINITY HELP US... INTERNET IS NOW ESSENTIAL! dropped as i am typing this

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

I would do another call for them to come out. I know you said they already replaced the fittings and lines but I’d have them re check it. It could be plant fault I’d have them run a QAM test on those two channels.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

FWIW, that QAM test should be automatic / SOP.... It's a shame that the average so called "techs" aren't more well trained.....

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

The channel ID on the error log they posted 459 and 453 MHz

They said the techs were out two weeks ago and this started two days ago.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

https://ibb.co/XL6YD57

The channels are different frequencies.

So even if we are not, it's really insignificant anyway. There are plenty of other redundant downstream channels.. One or two with some bit errors won't have a significant effect on overall performance. 

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

Out of almost 200 different ones maybe the techs didn’t have the logs to single out those two channels to see it. Either way something was overlooked and when you get them back out there; have them run that test on 16 and 15 🙂

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

On the first photo they posted under Chanel ID, 16 and 15 are the ones that have uncorrectable errors.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

UGH.... Your problem might be your Netgear modem. I have had never ending drops, disconnects and slow connections. Of what I seen of reviews of my Netgear CM400 modem, lots of people are having similar problems. Seems to be the best solution is to toss the modem and buy another company's modem. Netgear does not seem like company with good customer support.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

I don’t think we’re looking at the same thing

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

How do the so called *techs * not have access to everything that they need to do their jobs ?

16 and 15 what. Channels ? There's no difference there ?

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

There are no channel designations in the error log entries... They are not that granular, unfortunately..

So what about the frequencies.. ?

And the channel signal levels in the signal stats have no difference to talk about....

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

At the end of the day they need another tech out to check the line and test those two MHz channels.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

I see zero.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here