Community Forum

Incredibly large disparity is service speed throughout the day

Highlighted
New Poster

Incredibly large disparity is service speed throughout the day

As quoted by the customer service rep, "there seems to be no issue on our end."

I am paying for 100 mbps service, and typically only get around 30 over wifi. As of late, I am getting anywhere from 0.1 to 3 mbps during normal business hours, and then it ramps up to 25-30 mbps after about 5 pm. The customer service representative is telling me there are no issues with the service coming into my modem, but I find that hard to believe given the large disparity throughout the day. Anybody else experiencing a similar issue?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Incredibly large disparity is service speed throughout the day

With COVID-19, everyone is staying home and working from home. Add in kids being home from school, and you gets lots of streaming, too.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Have you ever had a tech or just dealing with customer service. Also post your modem’s signal levels, for additional assistance

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

You mentioned using "WiFi". You likely are experiencing RF interference over WiFi locally.

I suggest to connect devices using cat 5 or better Ethernet cable (depending on length) to get the strongest signal reaching your location.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

@nordicskier wrote:

I am paying for 100 mbps service, and typically only get around 30 over wifi. As of late, I am getting anywhere from 0.1 to 3 mbps during normal business hours, and then it ramps up to 25-30 mbps after about 5 pm. e?

For a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!