LukePav1's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, June 10th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

IP address ?

I have a Arris SB8200 modem. It has 2 eathernet ports. I want to use port #1 for our home WiFi and port number 2 for my computer which does not have Wifi and is on the same desk as the modem. Arris troubleshooter states  NOTE 2: It is possible to connect two devices to the SB8200.  However, the cable provider must provide Internet IP Address to each device for Internet access.  If both devices cannot connect to the Internet, contact the cable provider to request an additional Internet IP address.  ... how do I get another IP address on my current Xfinity plan?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

First, check the "Rate Card" for your local area to see if that feature is even available anymore. Seems that it is being phased out;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card/

It's a PDF.

Scroll down to "Xfinity Internet" and look for "Additional IP Addresses".

If nothing is listed then it's likely to have been discontinued in your local market area.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

thanks ... I guess what I am looking for no longer exists ... another strike for xfinity 

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

They are phasing it out but I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. We've seen cases here where they have been able to get this accomplished for customers even when it is not listed in their rate cards, YMMV. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

4 years ago

Greetings, @LukePav1! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day! I certainly understand with wanting to get the extra bandwidth and taking advantage of the 2nd WAN port. I would like to have a deeper dive into the local market and see if we can get you that 2nd IP address. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

message sent

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

nothing ... crickets from the Comcast guy ... not surprised 

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

I'm going to try re-escalating your issue.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @LukePav1

Sorry for the delayed reply. I'd be happy to pick up where you and my peer left off. Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name and the numbers associated with your service address? Click on "ComcastChe" and then click send a message. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here