Community Forum

I can't access any of my job's web-site using xFi. Can someone help?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I can't access any of my job's web-site using xFi. Can someone help?

Everytime that I try to access any web-site related to my job (www.back4app.io or something.back4app.io) I receive a SSL error. The SSL configuration is all in place and I can successfully access the web-sites using other networks (my mobile internet for example). By reading other threads (https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-xFi/xFi-Advanced-Security-is-blocking-my-company-s-website/td-... for example) it looks a bug in Advanced Security as stated by @ComcastJosh . I tried to PM him many times (as asked by him in the other thread) and I've received zero responses. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: I can't access any of my job's web-site using xFi. Can someone help?

Try disabling the Xfi Advanced Security feature as a work-around for now and see. It's buggy ! And there is currently no way for an end-user to be able to whitelist anything;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your help. It would actually work for me but it is not a solution for us. There are thousands of apps that rely on somesubdomain.back4app.io and many of them with thousands of users. We can't just ask everybody to turn off their advanved security setting...

Highlighted
Expert

Understood. Seen this many times before. It sounded like you wanted it just for you. There was a certain Comcast employee that responded to posters here. He took their info and got sites whitelisted for them. Unfortunately, I can't remember his name, sorry.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks again for your help. I've seen @ComcastJosh or maybe @ComcastJoshua helping in other threads. Hoping they can help me.

Comcast should at least have a form from which we could submit the domains to be whitelisted.

Highlighted
Expert

Yes. I just searched. It was .@ComcastJosh. Good luck !

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I've never got a response back... @ComcastJosh could you please take a look?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Still waiting....

Highlighted
Expert

FYI. .@ComcastJosh hasn't been seen here since 6/28.