Community Forum

xFi Advanced Security is blocking my company's website

New Poster

xFi Advanced Security is blocking my company's website

One of my company's product domains is being blocked by xFi Advanced Security.

https://v2.hostfully.com is the subdomain that serves our guidebook platform, and it works fine when i have this featured disabled, but when i turn on xFi Advanced Security, I get a message (different depending on the browser) about not being able to load the page because a secure connection cannot be established.

Can this be investigated to find out why?    I had a similar issue about 4 months ago with Xfinity's "Protected Browsing" which was (at least then) powered by the categorization database at https://tools.zvelo.com/

fixing our negative categorization there resolved the issue, but now a few months later the issue reappears even though Zvelo still shows our site as safe (as does every other categorization site i can find)

anyway,  any help to point me in the right direction would be useful.   At the moment i just tell any customers that report this to turn off this feature in xFi because it's buggy, but i'd like to solve the root cause.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: xFi Advanced Security is blocking my company's website

One option is to disable Advanced Security -

|You can disable the Advanced Security feature in xFi by navigating to More and selecting My Services. From here, select Disable under xFi Advanced Security and follow the on screen prompts. Once disabled, you will lose 24/7 threat monitoring and real-time reporting on your home network."

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

no, this is not a solution.   My question is about how to get Advanced Security to STOP blocking my website,  I'm already advising all customers who have this problem to disable this feature, but that's a temporary workaround, not a solution.

Official Employee

phlarebot -- Thanks for reaching out.  I've pulled up your account & shared with engineering to take a look. I'll reach out when I have more information.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

phlarebot -- I will Private Message you with more information. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. Thanks! Rachel

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!