thielges1's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, November 3rd, 2019 11:00 AM

Closed

How to update firmware for netgear C6300 modem?

According to this page https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-modem-router the latest version of the firmware should be V3.01.12.  My modem is currently running version V2.05.18.

Netgear does not allow the modem owner to directly update their firmware and instead says that it will be automatically pushed from the ISP side.  However I have not received that automatic update.

Is there a way to trigger a modem update?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

5 years ago

Have you first tried power-cycling / re-starting it ?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Yes I have rebooted and power cycled several times.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

5 years ago

You could try  hard resetting it to factory defaults by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds. This can sometimes help pull a firmware load if it is actually queued  / present on the system. You will lose any customized settings, and they will need to be re-configured from scratch if you do so.

Perhaps the Comcast engineers are still testing it ? There is a time period involved from when the manufacturer releases it to Comcast and when Comcast actually pushes it out (if ever).

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

OP has not returned. Dead thread from last year now being closed.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Any luck with this?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here