karthipk's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, April 15th, 2020 8:00 PM

Closed

Frequent modem timeouts and internet outage

I'm facing way too many outages with each outage taking 5 minutes or so. I can see the modem restarting after a while. I had this issue before and the tech came and did not find anything (he actually blamed some unused devices connected to the network causing congestion). I have since changed the modem and removed unused devices from the network. This happens even in midnight when there is hardly any activity. I see too many T3/T4 timeouts in the modem logs. This happens every day intermittently like every 1 or 2 hours. 

log.jpg

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it needs to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim, you could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to it here.

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

4 years ago

Hi karthipk. Thank you for joining the Xfinity Forums and for creating your first post. I can help with troubleshooting your internet timeouts issues. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send a private message: click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click the link that says "Send a message" and there you can private message me. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here