Boliatepa's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, July 20th, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

Frequent and intermittent disconnections

Since early March, 2020, I have been dealing with frequent and unpredictable disconnection on Comcast Internet here in Princeton, NJ.
Comcast have sent a technician who found no problem in the house, after which the cable on the street was replaced. Things were okay for two weeks, but it is now worse than before the cable was replaced. Some bad days, I get disconnected more than 20 times. My wife and I work from home, and are unproductive. Comcast thought it could be my speed, and made me upgrade. It has gotten worse.
I work in IT. These are T3 and T4 errors on the modem/router. The problem is outside, but the people I speak to when I ask for help are clueless.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, Comcast won't send another technician. Worse still, each time I call, they just do an automated reboot of the modem. I can't get a live person on the phone. They pass you around until you are frustrated.
Has anyone had this experience and idea about what to do, if anything. I have no other option to the internet outside of the Comcast monopoly in my town.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am going through the exact same issue.  We have maybe 3 hours of consistent internet during the day.  I can only get the automated response and it prompts me, of course, to reset the modem!  So frustrating. I managed to get someone a month or so ago and she said I would have to call back when the internet was working so they could check it.  WTH??

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here