Community Forum

Ethernet cable

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Ethernet cable

I am having problems with the WiFi connection on my smart TV. It is the TV and not the network. I want to connect an Ethernet cable. I will have to purchase a longer length. Is there any difference in the color of the cables? I want to get a black one. Will this be okay to use with the router I rent?
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Ethernet cable

@djs124 wrote:
I am having problems with the WiFi connection on my smart TV. It is the TV and not the network. I want to connect an Ethernet cable. I will have to purchase a longer length. Is there any difference in the color of the cables? I want to get a black one. Will this be okay to use with the router I rent?

Color does not matter with Ethernet cables.  Although, sometimes the cables might be 'crossover' and not 'straight through' which are for special use and might be a different color.  Just make sure it is a 'straight through' cable which is the default unless labeled otherwise.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Joe!
Highlighted
Expert

You want to use a cat5e (or higher) labeled cable no matter the color.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply.