AAXXAA's profile

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

Thursday, September 10th, 2020 7:00 PM

Closed

Does anyone have Lifx White 800 bulbs successfully connected to an XB7?

I can’t get mine connected.

Tried literally everything.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

4 years ago

Since getting xb7 2 weeks ago, couldn’t get lifx bulbs or printer connected. Cameras kept dropping connection on wifi.

Fixed it...

2.4 Wifi mode was on g/n/ax
Switch it to g/n, lifx bulbs & printer connected right away.
ax is Wifi 6.
Dont know if there an issues with the xb7s wifi 6 or if the bulbs and printer need new firmware updates to be compatible.
Either way I solved my issue.

If you set up your XB7, with the xFi app, you wont be able to change these settings.

I went in and changed them and then activated xb7 through xfinity.com/activate, so i could go back in change them, they aren’t greyed out.

Xfinity needs to stop pushing mesh mode and allow everyone to change the mode settings, otherwise people will continue to complain & contact customer service & no one will know how to figure it out.

Let someone know

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Xfinity has pushed either new firmware or new settings to the XB7's that is causing issues with smart home devices.

The new firmware has taken down things that used to work in our home:

• Brother Laser Printer on Wireless
  • Wemo Plugs (switches still seem to be connected)
  • LiFX Bulbs
  • Ring Wireless Cameras (now reporting low/bad wifi signal)

If you reset the modem to factory defaults, you'll see that things start to behave properly again until such time that Xfinity pushes their change again (happened to us within 24 hours).

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

4 years ago

When was the firmware that broke everything? Bc i know we got one 2 nights ago. But I couldn’t connect my lifx bulbs b4 that firmware So it is the xb7 I have to go back to the xb6. Xb7 has had nothing but issues for me. Ill try it again in a year

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

@adammusic22 wrote:
When was the firmware that broke everything? Bc i know we got one 2 nights ago. But I couldn’t connect my lifx bulbs b4 that firmware So it is the xb7 I have to go back to the xb6. Xb7 has had nothing but issues for me. Ill try it again in a year

The two WiFi bands have recently been combined into one with the Comcast gateway devices. Some devices get confused and don't know how to see / talk to combined bands.

If you are not using any Xfi Pods, you can try separating the 2.4 and the 5.0 bands and give them two different broadcast names / SSID's;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi

Associate the devices with the 2.4 or the 5.0 (whichever one  it needs) band's SSID (broadcast name) and password.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

4 years ago

I always separate.

Still won’t connect.

Tried disabling 5.0 completely.
Disable cell data. Airplane mode.

Will not connect

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

4 years ago

Is the firmware update that broke lifx on the xb7-t or xb7-cm or both?

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

4 years ago

And how can we get Xfinity to fix this?
They probably don’t even know lifx bulbs wont connect.
Probably not a lot of people with xb7 and lifx

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

4 years ago

Ahh i actually can’t even get them connected in the first place.
I cant get through the setup process.

I did have them connected when i switched everything over from xb6 to xb7-cm. But they were losing connection constantly.

Never lost connection on xb6.

I have an xb7-t arriving tomorrow. We’ll see if i can get them connected to that

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I have the CGM4331COM model of the XB7 (found under the My Account app and then Internet)

We found out that unplugging the modem and allowing it to remain unplugged for 15 seconds and then plugging it back in seems to have cleared whatever was causing the issue. We had attempted to unplug and re-plugin before but not waited the 15 seconds (Xfinity actually calls for 12 seconds in their guide). Afterwards my LiFX bulbs, printer, wemo plugs, etc.. all miraculously came back to life.

Not sure if it was directly firmware related or just some other change that had occured to the modem.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

4 years ago

EG

ive been scouring the internet the past few weeks and theres so many posts about printers & devices & disconnects

You have to let people at xfinity know that ax is causing issues and users should be able to change wifi modes in settings.

Customer service needs to know

Never once was disabling ax a suggested solution to me or anyone else

So many posts on xb7 issues

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

@adammusic22 wrote:
EG

You have to let people at xfinity know that ax is causing issues and users should be able to change wifi modes in settings.

Customer service needs to know

I'm not a CC employee. Just a lowly volunteer here. You can lead a horse to water, but.....

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

4 years ago

Lifx bulbs went back offline today
Cant get them back online

Cameras keep disconnecting randomly

My xb7 issues are back.

Reopen this lol

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

4 years ago

Why is everyone having issues with it?

Cant get lifx bulbs connected again.

Cameras keep randomly disconnecting.

Disabling ax on 2.4 helped for a day.

Now its back.

Do i disable ax on 5.0 now too?
Can that cause interference on my 2.4 devices?

Do i manually set a channel?

Do i choose 20 or 20/40?

Do i go back to xb6 because there is clearly something wrong with the xb7.

I don’t get it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here