ERS1961's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

Friday, October 4th, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

Can't connect to in-home wifi (Netgear CM500V & Google wifi)

Overnight, I'm getting the "can not connect to in-home wifi" error.  I have netgear CM500V modem, google wifi & xfinity triple play.  It was working fine yesterday, and now Roku won't access and local channels are grayed out on my phone. 

Also, "Xfinity wifi" is no longer listed as a network option on my phone.

Any help appreciated. 

Ernie

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

Regarding my issue of Roku not working because, supposedly, I was not in my house using my "in-home" wifi.   Today a tech came out and ran numerous tests, which were fine.  Upon my request,  after almost 3 hours, he replaced my Netgear CM500V, with an Xfinity supplied modem/router and BINGO !!!!!!! 

All is now working. I can use my phone app and get channels that require use to be within in-home wifi. Apparently very recent or in progress Xfinity is updating their network and this made my modem to not recognize that it was in home.  The internet NEVER stopped working, it was just the xfinity app or roku didn't see that I WAS in home. 

And apparently, I was not the only one experiencing this issue.  Eventually, I will replace their modem with my own, but I plan on giving them time to do whatever updating they are doing. 

Ernie

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

5 years ago

OP. Are you also using a Comcast supplied gateway device ?

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

No. Google wifi and netgear cm500v

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

5 years ago

Where are you seeing that error message ? The Roku ?

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

Roku and the locals are grayed out on phone and pc. "Not connected to in-home wifi" error.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

5 years ago

Have you tried power-cycling the primary Google WiFi router ?

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

"Hotspot Settings Are Unavailable"

Can't understand what changed overnight. Any other suggestions. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

yes on power cycling the Google wifi.  The locals, acutally one local, is ABC network.  There is a caption, "Connect to in-home WIFI to watch".  Very confusing why this would happen all of a sudden.  Thanks for suggestions.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

5 years ago

What are the "locals" ?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here