11h's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, July 23rd, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Can't add port forwards

I have an existing ssh port 22 forward. I want to set up a private ftp server: ports 20-21. If I edit the ssh device, the existing port forward appears, but I can only change or delete that port forward. That port forward was set up directly on 10.0.0.1

If I try to add a new port forward through the web, I can specify the correct device in the drop down box, and add the port range.

But instead of the correct device, which is on 10.0.0.61 , I get:

No Associated Device

Reserved IP Address:
  • Port Range
    20 – 21
    Protocol
    TCP

Has anybody had any success with the web access for port forwards ? Is there any updated document on port forwarding ?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

I can't delete my forwarding ports.    After upgrading some work and some don't. I want to delete the ones that don't and it just says  Oops this can't be done at this time, try again later or reboot your router.   Neither help.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I finally found a way to add a second ip address (10.0.0.2) to my device. So now my device has 2 ip addresses. Very strange the router doesn't let you add port forwards, but that's xfinity....

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

Today for some reason all my forwarded ports were deleted. I did try to delete one of them Before and continually got an error saying it could not. But Today I checked and they were all gone. Crazy. I do think there was a problem because my forwarded ports were static IP’s and not DHCP. This is how I had things set up on the old Xfinity router . The new xFi app won’t allow you to add a forwarded port device unless it’s DHCP or at least that’s what I’m finding.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

Ugh, yes you cannot forward to a device with a static address.  In fact, you can't even tune what you want for a DHCP range now.  Sheesh these guys make things difficult.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here