george_pa07022's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

Wednesday, September 18th, 2019 6:00 AM

Closed

Arris SB6190 Now Requires a Login With Password

Good day everyone!

I purchased an Arris SB6190 about a year ago.  It never required a username and password so I was able to see my event logs and status, etc.  I opened up the webpage today (192.168.100.1) and it is now requiring me to log in.  I've tried user = admin, password = password, no good.  I now get a message stating that I have been locked out due to multiple login attempts.  Do you believe that Comcast has programmed the modem to use  a login now?  Does anyone know what it is?  I don't recall ever using a login to access this modem.

Thank you for your assistance.

George Pizzo

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

Problem solved!  Thanks!

Tried another browser and was immediately presented with a request to change the default password.  Did that, then checked event log and see that there was an update done 00:15 this morning.  There's also a new tab available "LOGIN SETTINGS" for changing the admin password.

I've attached two screen captures.

Love this forum!  It's not the first time it's helped me.

2 Attachments

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

5 years ago

Have you first tried power-cycling / re-starting it ? No joy ? Try hard resetting the device to factory defaults by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds. This can sometimes clear up some weird behavior issues.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

I just bought a SB6190 and had this issue. Try using a different browser and use admin/password.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here