Guido79's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, May 12th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

Arris SB6190 - Admin Password not working. Before I reset to factory settings...

Will I cripple internet access for my network (for an extended period of time) until Comcast can reprovision the modem or can I expect to have the modem re-initialize quickly and allow me to reset the Admin password for the modem?  Appreciate any comments before I pull the trigger this evening.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

A factory reset won't make them need them to reprovision it.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

@EG Thanks very much!

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Same on my router. I tried the factory default password "password" and it worked. So I was then able to reset my admin password. I do not understand how my admin password was changed to the factory default.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

@jraycjay My issue is that I forgot my last password I changed to after updating from the default admin password:  'password'.  I believe Comcast periodically will update firmware, reprovision the modem or send administration information to my modem for network performance, compatibility, etc.  Since I've not factory reset my modem before, I didn't want to kill my internet for the day while I try to reach Comcast to reprovision my modem on their network.  Apparently, this won't happen.  I'm planning to reset the modem this evening after everyone is done working/doing school in our house.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Happy surfing ! Now closing this thread.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I was able to Factory Reset my Arris SB6190 and log into my modem to reset the password.  No issues with having the modem coming back online with my Comcast/Xfinity service.

Thanks for everyone's replies.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here