Mcicchi's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, March 7th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Additional IP address

I worked for Comcast a while ago at the end of residential accounts having a second ip address. I have friends who work there and mentioned that an additional IP ADDRESS maybe an option for my account. Currently I have 30 devices I have the xfi advantage , our account went through the assessment which qualified us for the free pods but we are having severe issues with the wifi and to many timeouts with the automated wifi. We purchased a commercial wap system to manage the system but I was curious is I could have an additional IP ADDRESS for the wap service to manage our WiFi on outside to maintain the best service. We use wifi analyzers and do our testing as much as we can on our side. It's not the network but the hardware demand we are putting on the Xfinity equipment.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

What is the make and model number of your modem ?

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

First, check the "Rate Card" for your local area to see if that feature is even available anymore. Seems that it is being phased out;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card/

It's a PDF.

Scroll down to "Xfinity Internet" and look for "Additional IP Addresses".

If nothing is listed then it's likely to have been discontinued in your local market area.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

It doesn't show up on the rate card, I'm a past employee with Comcast so I do what I can with what I have access to but I just heard it from two buddies who work here but due to restrictions they can't touch my account unless I just happen to land on their line. When I worked there we had the options to even sell a second internet to the home separate account, while working there they got rid of it which became a problem for customers who had home security systems and they suspended their account for a seasonal vacation.  Which would mess up their security systems which today they confirmed that they nwere able to sepp second accounts again. Which makes me believe that what I heard about an additional IP address may be available under circumstances.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Arris tg3482G xb6

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I worked for Comcast when they did offer it, and pulled it away, I heard it is started to be offered again in some areas, as ipv6 becomes more widely used it increases the total of up addresses available but I'm not sure if what I heard was correct because I heard if from a Comcast employee as I explained my situation and what's fully going on. I don't care if I had to get a separate modem but I noticed my current one has the ability to push the Xfinity hotspot through the lan port 2. I wouldn't even mind being a beta tester for Comcast because I understand where they are pushing to go in technology. 

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

O/k I think I misunderstood what you want to do since re-reading your posts and seeing your gateway device model number. I assumed that you had a straight cable modem with 2 LAN ports, and that you wanted an additional WAN / public IP address assigned to it by Comcast so as to activate the second port.

So are you saying that you would like to use a second / separate modem at your premises ? 

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I bought the SB8200 modem and need a second IP address.  I was wondering how to go about obtaining it.  Please Let me know what information is needed.

David

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here