nathanclement's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 26th, 2020 9:00 PM

Closed

Activating internet service with NETGEAR Cable Modem CM500: "Please check RF connection."

Hi, I am trying to activate xfinity internet using a netgear cable modem cm500. I am unable to connect to xfinity to activate, and when I connect the modem with an ethernet cable and log in to the modem, I get the error "Your modem is offline. Please check the RF connection." I would be grateful for any thoughts on how to address this. Thanks!

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Did that line ever work or is this a new installation ? Is the "Online" indicator light on the modem lit steadily ?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

This did not work. Last night I finally got on the line with a customer service representative, who told me that the problem was with the modem.

Today, I got a new modem that I double-checked is approved for my data plan with xfinity, but have been waiting on hold for three hours to talk with a customer service representative. I understand it is a busy time but I really have to question whether this is going to work, ever.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

You didn't answer the question but if the "Online" indicator light is lit steadily, give this automated device activation line a shot: 1-855-652-3446. Even if the automation fails, you then get connected to an advanced repair representative rather than a tier 1 phone rep. Good luck !!! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here