Noquid's profile

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

Thursday, March 26th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

2 PC's connected via Ethernet have NAT type: MODERATE and STRICT for a game

When we try to play the game together, we either can't join anyone else or we crash.  The game is CoD Modern Warfare Warzone.  You go into battle royale as 3-man teams but we never get a 3rd teammate or sometimes we just crash.  Apparently the problem is NAT type, so can anyone explain how to fix this?  I can login to the router but don't want to go past that point without some type of instruction.  I can get my own public facing IP and have read a few how-to's but it's too general.  Need more detail please.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

4 years ago

Network equipment? 

If you want a detailed response, you'll have to provide details in return. 

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

Xfinity wireless modem, with 3 ethernet ports on the back.  (using 1 for a switch)

I don't see a model # but the SN: 8BP2C5798D51857

Got model # after logging into the router: TG3482G  ARRIS Group, Inc.

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

Any help appreciated.

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

Almost every how-to I find about changing the NAT type is for XBOX.  I'm talking about PC's not XBOX or PS4, not sure if that matters.  I did put my own PC on the DMZ and I'm still MODERATE as well as the other PC being MODERATE.  If I try to get "support" from xfinity it's just automated BS.  How do I actually talk to a human being?

Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

4 years ago

You can't count on CoD to display the correct NAT type - it lies. Moderate NAT is fine for gaming, it just means your device is behind a router 

The correct solution for you is to port forward. There are lots of tutorials on the interwebs. https://support.activision.com/articles/ports-used-for-call-of-duty-games

Consider getting a gaming router - many of them have presets to port forward for popular games. Many users have reported limited success with getting Xfinity gateways to reliably port forward.

Also, don't leave your PC in the DMZ, it's vulnerable. 

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

MODERATE, whether CoD is lying or not doesn't work.  Battle Royale is a 3-man team, we rarely get a 3rd person and if we do the person crashes/disconnects when the battle royale starts.  Every now and then we will actually have 3 for the entire match, maybe 1-in-10 games.  

If you do port forwarding, do you do it for both PC's or just one?  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Your not the only one its comcast not your comp... I have 700 in my router and modem all high end and new and have a moderate nat type but comcast came out put in a new line and was great for a week..... the guy came and put the cable in the ground a week later and BAM back to square one ... it was open for a week and now back to packet data loss is what is causing your game to drop btw. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here