mdegrande0130's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 1st, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

1 gig service isn't close.

I connected my laptop via ethernet directly to my Netgear C7800 modem and when testing never got a download speed over 400 mbps, so I'm not sure if the issue is because of the current times or if the signal coming in still is not pushing the 1 gig service? I have had comcast service out 3 times and still no speed inprovement. Maybe they should run a whole new line directly in. I'm getting so frustrated. I would be happy seeing speeds around 700 mbps. Any one else having issues with this modem type or 1 gig service?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

4 years ago

yup, been having the same or similar issue for a year. max I get is 550Mbps or thereabouts, on a good day.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

That is so crazy. I may request that they replace the entire line from the pole since it seems like they tried everything else. Just want my speed to come close to what I purchased and 350 mbps are not even close. Now I can't even chat with someone because that is down. Maybe it's time to look elsewhere for internet.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I get 700mbps down and only 5mbps up. The upload is my issue. With Coronavirus I cant  get in touch with anybody.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

@RobertWy 

Which poster are you replying to ??? The original poster has a Netgear C7800.....

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

It's a current known bug with the forum software that is being worked on. You could always use the .@ (forum name) feature to signify who you are replying to. You can even copy and paste some or all of the poster's text....

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

@RobertWy wrote: ... Didn't know about the bug..

Quoting seems to be back this morning. In the editor, see the oddball double-quote symbol between the "ABC checkmark" spellcheck symbol and the "Macros" button.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I'm getting 20.9 right now for my gig!  

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I was only pulling 8 down, 40 up for about an hour. The latency / connection issues are even worse!!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

4 years ago

@mdegrande0130 wrote:

I connected my laptop via ethernet directly to my Netgear C7800 modem and when testing never got a download speed over 400 mbps, so I'm not sure if the issue is because of the current times or if the signal coming in still is not pushing the 1 gig service? I have had comcast service out 3 times and still no speed inprovement. Maybe they should run a whole new line directly in. I'm getting so frustrated. I would be happy seeing speeds around 700 mbps. Any one else having issues with this modem type or 1 gig service?

Nope, still great as always. Using an ARRIS TG3482G XB6. 

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/174539458

Check out:

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

4 years ago

you must be the very few of thousands of customers that get that speed.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

4 years ago

@ahmedilyas wrote:

you must be the very few of thousands of customers that get that speed.

I wouldn't know. I don't have access to some privileged database that tells me exactly how many people have gigabit service and how many get my tested speed.

I don't make blanket assumptions about stuff I have no first hand knowledge of. 

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

4 years ago

It was just a statement, that's all...

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

4 years ago

@ahmedilyas wrote:
It was just a statement, that's all...

Sorry, do you have underlying issues that you still need to be solved that weren't answered upthread? Then please start your own support thread and don't derail existing ones. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here