enrique911's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, October 29th, 2019 10:00 AM

Closed

xFi app says I need to upgrade my equipment but it I already have the new one

I just got an upgrade to the new xfi modems, app tells me that i have to upgrade same as protal, this is idiodic.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

and im also trying to access  with the admin tool wich is more advanced and username and password is normally admin and password, and is not even working.

Official Employee

• 

124 Messages

5 years ago

Hi @enrique911 

Could you try accessing xFi one more time. When I looked up your account it said an account refresh was required which I triggered. I'm hoping that sorts your xFi access issue. If it doesn't please respond to this thread and we can take a deeper look. 

Thanks,

Hana

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

THRU THE PORTAL, IT WONT LET ME, IT REDIRECTS ME TO THIS WEBSITE https://internet.xfinity.com/not-eligible and it says  ( Upgrade for this experience, to access xFi, you will need to upgrade your service/equipment. if i click Upgrade now... ir takes me out of the app and to a website to log in with my credentials, i signed in, and then it tells me ( You have the latest equipment..... either shop for new equipments or browse offers.

Thru my app on the phone same deal...

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

as you can see the pictures below, it first says upgrade for this experience, if i click upgrade to just see what happens. it takes me to another site stating that i already have the latest equipment, no  offense but how can you guys offer xFi and then it won't work, and is not just me, is everyone who gets this modem. i have my own but with the plan that i just got im obligated to use this box. which i have to contact xfinity after they offer me the service in order to activate it?

xfi.PNGxFi 2.PNG

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

What?? no i will not create another account fo this property, is harder to pay the bills like that thru the app. also how is confusing? when i log in into the account, it tells me that my 1st property has such and such modem with such and such serial and mac address, and 2nd property which such and such modem , same deal. how can you guys tell me that now because i have 2 accounts is an issue, system should automatically know which account is which and whos modem belongs to who.  i had ATT before and never had this issue...

(For the record, i have no received any calls today.)

Official Employee

• 

124 Messages

5 years ago

Hi @enrique911 

Unfortunately this is a limitation specific to xFi. Teams are working on creating a similar experience to the one you're describing when managing your accounts. For now though, xfi works best with one uid per account. 

I looked over the agents notes and it did mention that they weren't able to reach your or leave a message. I'll ask them to call you again. 

Thanks,

Hana

Official Employee

• 

124 Messages

5 years ago

Hi @enrique911 

I escalated your issue to Advanced Repair earlier and I believe they have reached out to you. xFi works best when there is one uid per account  and the account should have one gateway. If you're using one uid to manage more than one account then there's no way to determine which account xFi will be associated with. 

The resolution should be relatively simple, you'll just need to create a uid to use with the account that you're trying access in xFi. Please let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Hana

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Please do so, so they can also tell me how to separate the accounts.

Official Employee

• 

124 Messages

5 years ago

Hi @enrique911 

Could you please send me a good contact number via private message? 

Thanks,

Hana

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here