DKinATL's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Monday, March 2nd, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

"New" Xfinity xFi 300 Meg game freezing issues

Hey all, 

I've had 50 meg Comcast for as long as I can remember and I recently upgraded to 300 meg xFi services.  I've always haf my own router / modem and never had any problems.  After "upgrading," however, I've had nothing but problems.  To keep the question simplified, when I play Fortnite, for example, 2 out of every 5 games freezes ending with a Network Connect Lost screen from Fortnite.  Doesn't seem to lose connection on the Xbox itself, but the game is freezing.  

It's 100% not the game as I've never had the issue before until I "upgraded."  I'm assuming the new service / modem has some sort of security on it that is throwing my gaming connections for a loop resulting in lag spikes and / or freeze issues.  Literally about to just buy my own modem / router and downgrade.  Wanted to try and see if there was someone that could help guide me through the xFi router settings on Chrome and see if there is something set that would be causing these issuse.  Thanks so much for any help / answers you all can provide. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same package and have been struggling to get the speeds greater than 10Mbps for the last month if you get this resolved please reply and let me know how!

Contributor

• 

150 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue with COD on multiple PS4's. Slow connection and lagging. Rest of devices are fine.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I'm in the same boat. About a year ago (probably less - more like August 2019) I switched from FiOS to XFi with the new gateway. Well ever since I have had weird issues like not being able to connect to VPNs (important as I often work from home and that's how we connect to servers at work), and more annoyingly is when I'm gaming, notably on PS4 I'll get in to a game and within a few minutes the connection will drop. I know it's Comcast and this terrible service XFi, I'm just not sure how to remedy it. Probably just call them and send back the gateway and ask for the old Arris Surfboard or something.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue, started about a week ago. 75% of my fortnite battles I freeze, the network stats show 0 download but I am still uploading, after a few minutes I get a network connection error. I play on iPad with Ethernet and on wifi. Issue happens on both

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same issue on Apex and COD MW...drops about half the time. I contacted PS4 and they gave me instructions to open the gateway and a gew other things but it still keeps happening. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Is it sad that I will likely do that as well?

It is weird, however, that after making this post I haven't had many issues.  Now?  I just lag .  The entire residential consumer internet era is an absolute farce.  If you don't have a FO main run directly up against your house and pay $1000/mo for internet, you're just wasting money chasing speed.  I literally was paying $20/mo for their garbage internet.  Then switched to 300 meg and my speeds tests show 116 up and 24 down, but there is literally zero change in gaming quality.  Just freezing was added after "upgrading" and now it's just a laggy .  

Was going to hit Amazon and get my own monster router, but I think I'll just throw in the towel and downgrade. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Did you ever reach out to anyone from Comcast about this? I thought it was just me but it seems like a lot of people are having this issue with this xFi 300.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I've had this same issue for months since I switched. Comcast could not troubleshoot over the phone, so they sent out a tech who determined the line to my house needed replaced. They didn't fix anything and ended up having to spend 2 months fighting the tech charge they told me would be free and then lied about. I've used Comcast for almost 15 years and overall I've been happy but this new modem is trash. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here