Jlittlefawn11's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, February 3rd, 2019 11:00 PM

Closed

WiFi dropping

What would cause my WiFi x1 to keep dropping it’s continuous all day long. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Mine is dropping all the time as well. It is a new xfi modem/router just got it from them last week.

If this keeps up Ill just downgrade the modem to their older one?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Mine is dropping to

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have this problem as well.  It drops for just a few seconds...long enough to interrupt whatever I may be doing 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

We are having the same issue. I thought it was WiFi but even if we are plugged into the modem the internet isn't working. Has anybody found a solution?

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

I just did a rough (but pretty accurate) estimate of our cell data usage over the past few months - to get an estimate of how much data we're eating up at home, due to no WiFi coverage.  Before "upgrading" service we were using about 54,000 KB/day; after we were using about 142,000.  While I only have about 5 days' data since dumping the new Comcast modem for a Netgear Nighthawk, we're down to about  40,000 KB/day.  But take my issues with a grain of salt. Before upgrading I had a Comcast modem & seperate router. The upgrade gave me a modem/router, but I kept my other router hooked up because it had satellites (WiFi extenders); this could have been causing my problems - maybe the routers were fighting with each other. I don't understand WiFi connections well enough to know for sure.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Change to channel 11

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

We switched ours a few weeks ago and have had non stop problems!!! As of right now, in the last 20 minutes the connection has dropped 3 times. I’m currently typing this using cell Data because WiFi is still down. This is ridiculous.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I've had the same problem for 6 months and keep getting the run around.  I've had teams out here 4 times, got a new modem, had a new cable laid, and even wrote to the president.  Sorry but it's time for a class action suit.  This is horrible service and a horrible product, I tired of spending a large sums of money and tons of time with executive care and technicians to juswt have the same thing keep happening.  Sorry this is truly unacceptable. Quit spending so much on advertising your"great" product and just make mine work!

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

Can you explain what you mean & how to do this?

@DanA2256 wrote:
Change setting to Channel 11

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I've been having same issues. I'm beginning to think that it has to do with the use of common network name for the 2.4ghz and 5ghz streams. I don't think the Xfinity router can effectively pick/manage the best connection and seamlessly do the hand-off from the 2 streams. I've noticed that when I lose the connection, the signal strength (even though my device is stationary) goes up and down.  Once it settles on a stream, connection re-establishes itself and starts working. I did an experiment this morning by conncting an Apple Airport router to the Xfinity router. For the Apple Airport, I only broadcast in 2.4ghz.  I have not had a single droppped connection from the Airport, but other devices connected to the Xfinity router that is doing simultaneous 2.4/5 transmission continues to have drops. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Did getting a high end router work! I have xfinity modem with 3 xFi pods all within 400 sq ft. I have great speed and I drop WiFi calls all the time! I do not get AT&T service so I depend on WiFi calling!

I was told by AT&T to set up port 500 and port 4500 with protocol UDP
So I was able to do so with the XFI app

My wife’s phone is on port 500 and mind is port 4500.

Remember when you reset network settings that changes the name of the phone back to manufacture setting! You have to rename your phone back to the name you assigned to the port!

Example. My phone is iphoneglen and that’s sssigned to port 4500
If I reset network setting, then the name changes to iPhone !

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Change channel settings from automatic (recommended) to channel 11

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have experienced the same thing for last 6 months with it getting worse in the last month. Were you able to find resolution?

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

No, no solutions. I'm guess they're doing it on purpose because I'm using Google TV instead of comcast cable tv.  When I call them to try to resolve it, they keep trying to sell me Comcast's streaming tv instead. Pitiful.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

No, no solutions. I'm guess they're doing it on purpose because I'm using Google TV instead of comcast cable tv.  When I call them to try to resolve it, they keep trying to sell me Comcast's streaming tv instead. Pitiful.

mrobinson1, thanks for posting. Are you only seeing drops while watching Google TV? Or do the drops occur when you use the internet at all? 

Ken

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here