Ferivera's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, October 3rd, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Re: xFi Pods support for Ethernet backhaul?

I know the new second generation Xfi Pods came out with two Ethernet connections, can we now do backhaul? I have a room behind a concrete wall where the WiFi doesn’t reach at all so I have to send an Ethernet cable over and would like to put a pod there...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Did you find an answer here??  As my wifi in the bsmt is pretty weak    

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

No answer yet.  But I ordered them should arrive this week, I will post if it works.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I got my pods and unfortunately it looks like they still don't support ethernet backhaul, very, very, very, disappointing. Ethernet backhaul has been "on the roadmap" for years now with the first gen pods. You would think that second gen pods would support it out the gate. I have an unconventional shape to my house as it's a single story house with a 2 story addition. The only way to get good WiFi upstairs in the addition is with a wired backhaul node (hopefully pod soon) upstairs. If I put the WiFi pod at the end of the hall downstairs if have good signal strenght to the gateway but poor WiFi upstairs. If I put the pod upstairs I have poor signal to the gateway and therefore poor speed when connected to the pod upstairs. Xfinity please stop being idiots and enable Ethernet backhaul!

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Is any Comcast employee going to chime in and say "It's on the roadmap", again?...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I don't understand this either. I have internet service form another provide at a second home and that provider uses the pods straight from Plume instead of how Comcast forces it into their own software. The pods that I got from that other provide work with ethernet backhaul, but these don't. The only reason I bought the pod was becasue I thought it would work like the ones from Plume.  What a scam. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Has there been any movement on this? This seems like such a basic (and incredibly useful) thing to enable backhaul. I'm baffled. Any response from Comcast??

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

@user_49bc1c 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks.  10-month-old dead thread now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here