Rose21461's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, September 4th, 2019 9:00 AM

Closed

Pause isn't working

I have paused several drvices ; however, they still stay connected to my wifi.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am also having this problem. I have set time limits & a bedtime schedule & the app says my son has been on his xbox for almost 12hrs & his limit is 5hrs. But its not paused. I have the pause automatically thing checked so it should pause it. It has been working previously but now it is not.

Official Employee

• 

124 Messages

5 years ago

Hi @Momo1917526 

I've sent your issue to prod support for investigation. I'll be in touch as soon as I hear back from that team.

Thanks,

Hana

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Yes. Pausing has no effect on any device connected to my Wi-Fi.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I pause my daughters cell phone and she just decides to turn her WiFi off and that way she is still able o use her cell phone but just uses her cell phone data. It’s upsetting!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Pause works on NO DEVICE, including tablets that can only connect to the internet through wifi. I have personally paused these devices and was able to connect regardless.

Official Employee

• 

712 Messages

5 years ago

@Rose21461 wrote:

Pause works on NO DEVICE, including tablets that can only connect to the internet through wifi. I have personally paused these devices and was able to connect regardless.

Can you please provide some additional details? You can send this information to me through Private Message. 

- Name of 1 device in xFi that does not pause

- Date/Time of the last time you tried to pause that device

- Screenshot of that device "paused" in xFi

Please confirm that when you pause the device, it remains connected to your home WiFi network when still connecting to the Internet. Some devices, if they have previously joined the "xfinitywifi", may try to reconnect to that network with your private network is blocked. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here