Taurophylax's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, April 25th, 2020 8:00 PM

Closed

Give us back control

I want to opt out of having XFi control everything. It's picking bad WiFi channels. I pay for 1GB speeds and I get 20mbps because it thinks it know what wifi channel is best, so it picks the busiest one. How can I control my modem from 10.0.0.1 like the old days?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Get your own equipment will accomplish that

Official Employee

• 

131 Messages

4 years ago

Hello you can turn off xFi advanced security and like you mentioned you can sign into the Gateway portal and then pick any channel you like and lock it to that by clicking manual and turning off automatic channel select.  Xfinity recommends you let the Gateway pick the best channel for you and if you use pods then you will have to leave it to select the best channel.  A guide is below to turning off xFi advanced security.

If you want full control of your modem/router settings you can always either buy your own router and go into bridge mode by turning off the wireless built into the xFi Gateway or you can purchase your own modem and your own router or combo Gateway etc.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I disabled advanced security a while ago and that only appears to be linked to security events (browser protection, firewall etc). The wifi settings are still locked.

Do I really need to buy my own equipment because of this update?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I do not know if you still need help with this, but I found that enabling, then disabling bridge mode from 10.0.0.1 removes the automatic settings, and lets you change them yourself. Hopefully this helps.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

Re-closing this year old dead thread that was improperly re-opened by the new forum software / platform. A known issue that is being worked on.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here