brosnan6's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 23rd, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Do I actually have to use the xFi gateway?

Instead of paying $50 for unlimited data I was offered xFi with unlimited data for only $15 (this is before the COVID waivers on data caps). However I already have a high end router and high end mesh network setup, and don't particularly want to reprogram every wifi device in my house (there are dozens) by using the new gateway. I noticed that the data usage coding in my account has been updated to unlimited. Do i actually need to setup the gateway or can I just leave it boxed up? Am i actually going to miss out on anything except the xFi control features (app, etc)?

Official Employee

• 

39 Messages

4 years ago

Hello. Thank you for reaching out to us. It is all based on personal perference. If you like your set up the way it is and don't want to reconnect all your devices, etc then it's best to keep it the way you have it. With xFi, you are able to Personalize, Manage, and protect your Xfinity Internet.

Please visit this website and compare : https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/modems-and-routers?CMP=KNC-43700053511100624-GOOGLE-251733879020-c-xfinity%20xfi%20gateway-e-Xfi_BR_Exact_West&gclid=CjwKCAjw2a32BRBXEiwAUcugiHLUXDG4d3DXJmQpb1SnGWhgkFaoOcSxKSj1DAkUspJOxXGp99yfRBoCF00QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here