jmhelm's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, December 16th, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

Child Restrictions Not Working

Hi,

I have an issue with my son's computer not being seen on the Xfi app or the router itself.  He is connected with an ethernet cable to one of our Pods and is connected to our internet.  However, I do not see his computer as online.  It has been this way several days and it shows he has hardly used any data over the past few weeks.  I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this issue.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

4 years ago

In addition to not allowing us to select our own wi-fi channels, the xFi system can't even proplerly tell when a device is connected to the gateway.  I am typing this from a notebook that at this very moment is listed as "not connected", yet I've been online for hours and hours.  I have tons of devices on our network that show up this way, it's never consistent which ones it will be though.  Connecting and disconnecting (not that that is a realistic solution anyway) doesn't help.  It is UNFATHOMABLE that the xFi system cannot simply list what devices are connected to the gateway...it is THE VERY HEART of what the gateway does.  It is literaly one of the most fundamental things a wi-fi router does.

So with all that said, if the system can't keep an accurate list of who's "connected" or not, all the other features become completely untrustworthy.  You can't set time limits if the system doesn't know if or how long a device is or has been connected.  You can't use filters on a device it doesn't see as connected.  None of the stuff matters.  It's like having a car who's engine doesn't know if it's running or not at any given time.

This has been an issue for a long, long time.  I can't imagine what the people in Philly are doing with their time if they can't deal with these basic issues.

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

4 years ago

Also, to the original poster, I am not completely sure, but I don't think any of the control features (time-limits, filters, etc) work for hardwired connections.  Astoundlingly, I think, but could be wrong, these are wi-fi only functions.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here