Community Forum

Can't Log In to Xfinity xFi mobile app for weeks now! (iPhone X)

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Can't Log In to Xfinity xFi mobile app for weeks now! (iPhone X)

I've been trying with no luck to log into the Xfinity xFi mobile app on my iPhone X. Was able to log in in the past but the last few weeks has me in an endless loop with no success. I enter my Xfinity ID and Password...then it takes me to a verification code page that I enter the code that was sent via text but then it goes back to the log in page and says "The Xfinity ID or Password you entered was incorrect. Please try again." I've tried everything (delete and redownload the app, turn on cookies, manually type in the ID and Password (vs. using the saved to keychain password entry). 

I'm able to log in via laptop to xfinity.com and the app on my ipad takes my ID and password just fine. It's just on my iPhone that I'm having this issue! So frustrating! It worked great a month ago on my iPhone! I see that others have had log in issues with no real resolution. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Can't Log In to Xfinity xFi mobile app for weeks now! (iPhone X)

Hi, @mcbernalsf  I am sorry to hear you're having trouble signing into the xFi app on your iPhone X. Please do me a favor if possible and try to use any other phone as well and tell me will it let you sign in when you put the 2 step verfication code?  I have a spare iPhone X laying around so i will try to duplicate it to see if i am able to log in to the xF app on it and get back to you shortly.  

If others are saying they can't log in then it would depend on which device they are using because in most cases it would be a completely different issue then you are mentioning.  You stated it works by signing into the Comcast website and also on your iPad that tells me your log in info is correct as well.  Last question when you sign into your iPad it also makes you do the 2 step verification right? I need you to try to log in on any different device and do the 2 step verifcation and tell me if you are able to log in or if the same error comes up.  Thanks and i will get back to you once i try to duplicate the issue at hand. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Josh! Really appreciate the reply and suggestions. I did download and try logging in on my girlfriend's iPhone X and it worked there (with 2 step ID)...and I logged out and logged back in to my ipad using the 2 step ID and that worked there, too. I deleted the app from my phone, made sure all content blockers were turned off and turned on all cookies, etc. and I still get the same error issues on my phone when trying to log in (saying either a ID or password was incorrect after the 2 step ID code is entered). At this point, it's probably something with my phone (some random setting, etc) that's not allowing me to log in for some reason. I'll just use my ipad xFi version and that should be fine. If you think of anything else I should try, let me know, otherwise, I appreciate your help!

Highlighted
Official Employee

@mcbernalsf I wonder if you're able to clear the cache on your Safari browser on the iPhone X to see if that would potentially fix the issue. Not sure if the xFi app is leveraging it's own browser or Safari as part of that interstitial. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Wow! That actually worked! I cleared my website data/cache from the Safari app on my phone (along with turning off content blockers/allowing for cookies/allowing for pop ups) and I was able to log in! At least now I'll know what things to turn off and on on Safari app if I have trouble logging in down the road! Thanks for all your help and follow through with this...much appreciated! You can officialliy close this ticket as it's been solved!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Wohoo! Glad to hear that, hopefully it was just a temporary caching issue that won't appear again. Enjoy your services. 

Cheers,

Jon

@mcbernalsf wrote:

Wow! That actually worked! I cleared my website data/cache from the Safari app on my phone (along with turning off content blockers/allowing for cookies/allowing for pop ups) and I was able to log in! At least now I'll know what things to turn off and on on Safari app if I have trouble logging in down the road! Thanks for all your help and follow through with this...much appreciated! You can officialliy close this ticket as it's been solved!

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Highlighted
New Poster

What exactly did you turn off or turn on. I have the IPhone SE 2nd Gen. and cant seem to log in either.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Jujube22  please see above:

"I cleared my website data/cache from the Safari app on my phone (along with turning off content blockers/allowing for cookies/allowing for pop ups) and I was able to log in!"

Apple has instructions here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265