Community Forum

Assigning Devices and profiles

Frequent Visitor

Assigning Devices and profiles

I have a general idea what assigning devices does, and profiles for different people, but what does assign to household means?  I don't have any kids and I don't want parental controls or any restrictions at all, so should I even assign my devices or not? Does it make anything work better?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Assigning Devices and profiles

@Tatyana1 wrote:

I have a general idea what assigning devices does, and profiles for different people, but what does assign to household means?  I don't have any kids and I don't want parental controls or any restrictions at all, so should I even assign my devices or not? Does it make anything work better?

There is no magic to assigning every device to one "user" or just Household.  I have 19 "connected" devices an 20 not connected.  I have four adult children that visit and I give each one of them their own profile - giving me the ability to see how much activity each one uses.

As a retired programmer, I like to keep things neat.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

But does assigning devices boost their performance or is it just to monitor things? I don't have anything assigned now but I have very few devices. 

Diamond Problem Solver

It doesn’t matter, it’s only for monitoring/control purposes.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!