RJS3's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Monday, April 22nd, 2019 7:00 AM

Closed

All of my 2.4G devices are no longer able to connect to gateway. Recent change or failure?

2.4G devices

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Both 5ghz and 2.4 showeed up for me. I don't know if it was I already created a seperate 2.4 or not and for me it probably don't matter any more, but a good tool for others to prevent frustration. 🙂 

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

One thing I forgot to expand on is that my 2.4 & 5 BOTH have the same name and password so that does NOT create any issues.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

Did you try using the WiFi Spectrum Analyzer utility to see if both 2.4 & 5 BOTH show up? If one is missing, you need a new modem.  See posts above.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I just had my smart sockets go offline with Alexa and Comcast 2.4 WiFi. Also my 2.4 camera lost WiFi not connected to Alexa. I also could not connect my phone to 2.4. Reset modem and all worked fine. Seems 2.4 must have locked up on modem.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi All, 

I live in the Seattle area and am having a pretty similar issue with my 2.4 ghz network as a lot of you have encountered.  I'm still able to see my 2.4 ghz but connections to it with my iphone and smart devices are really spotty.  It sounds like this was fixed for some of you by getting a new model/router from xfinity. I'm curious if you went through tech support to get that or were able to work direclty with one of the comcast stores to get a new router/modem.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

Not sure how old your cable modem is but the new ones within the last year or so have much better range etc.  Some of your devices (such as iPhones) automatically connect to 5G so you won't see them on 2.4 unless you turn off 5G.  Some "applicance" type devices such as SmartPlugs etc. only work on 2.4G so if you have an iPhone for example and try to program SmartPlugs or similar devices that only work on 2.4G it won't work.  You have to turn off the modem's 5G signal to force iPhone to connect via 2.4G, program your device(s), then turn 5G back on again.  I got a new modem from Tech who came out to troubleshoot why my 2.4G wasn't working but you can exchange your old modem for a new model at any of the Xfinity stores.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here