In a nutshell, I need to broadcast both the 2.4 and 5.0 signals due to certain devices only accepting the 2.4 signal (Ring doorbell, smartplugs, etc).
After connecting some devices, I no longer have the ability to access the network. "Cannot connect to this network" is the error I receive when I atttempt to connect my computer to the 2.4 network. "Unable to join the network" or "invalid password" when I attempt to connect my phone (password is correct). Also, when I broadcast 1 network, my ring doorbell NEVER connects.
I have swapped modems 4 times now, attempted to bridge the network via a separate router, and have searched endlessly for a cause/solution. Any assistance would be great! Thanks!
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm sorry you have been experiencing this issue. I would recommend using the band combined under one network name and would like to provide a work-around for getting your Ring doorbell connected.
In order to connect your Ring doorbell once you combine your bands:
1. When connected to your home network, open a web browser and login to the Gateway Admin page (10.0.0.1). If it's your first time logging in use the defualts "admin" and "password".
2. Once logged in, select Connection and then WiFi
3. Select EDIT at the end of the row for the 5 GHz Frequency Band
4. Select Disable and then SAVE SETTINGS
5. Connect your device and complete any setup required
6. Go back into the Admin Tool and re-enable the 5 GHz band.
I hope this helps.
@mpdonahuejr, I hope the information ComcastBrittany provided was helpful. Since we have not heard back from you on here, we will be locking this thread. Please send us a Private Message, if you still need assistance with this error concern. Please create a new Publlic post for a ny new issues or concerns, we're here to help.
Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast!
To send a Private Message, please click “Comcast_Support” and click “send a message".