MHG914's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, October 31st, 2019 4:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Streaming won't authorize on Roku and no channels on android app

I have had a Roku streaming for about two months with no problem.  Today I was signed out and asked to re-authorize the device.  I put in the six digit code on xfinity.com/authorize and it said it was a success.  However the device gives me the message:

Unfortunately, we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription." (Error: createDrmSession, -1)

I have a video subscription and it was working until recently.  I am able to stream on a PC and a phone.  Please help!

Edit:  I've also installed the android app on a new phone.  The normal channels that I've always streamed aren't available.  It seems like something is wrong with my account but when I called the tech couldn't help.  She tried troubleshooting and wants to send someone to my location.  But I don't think this is a hardware issue.  I am connected to the internet without issue and my TV boxes work fine.  I just can't get authorization to stream.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@MHG914 wrote:

No, just residential TV and internet.  Modem has been the same since the day it was installed.

did you move addresses/accounts in the last year or so?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@MHG914 wrote:

I have had a Roku streaming for about two months with no problem.  Today I was signed out and asked to re-authorize the device.  I put in the six digit code on xfinity.com/authorize and it said it was a success.  However the device gives me the message:

Unfortunately, we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription." (Error: createDrmSession, -1)

I have a video subscription and it was working until recently.  I am able to stream on a PC and a phone.  Please help!

Edit:  I've also installed the android app on a new phone.  The normal channels that I've always streamed aren't available.  It seems like something is wrong with my account but when I called the tech couldn't help.  She tried troubleshooting and wants to send someone to my location.  But I don't think this is a hardware issue.  I am connected to the internet without issue and my TV boxes work fine.  I just can't get authorization to stream.

do you have a mix of business/residential service? have you changed your gateway/modem lately?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

No, just residential TV and internet.  Modem has been the same since the day it was installed.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

That was it.  I moved a few months back and when I got through to the advanced tech support team, they were able to properly close out my old account.  Turns out streaming was trying to authenticate against that.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here