chris_ta05259's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Saturday, November 21st, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream says I'm need to upgrade to watch channels I'm already subscribed to.

For the past couple days, the Xfinity Stream app on my Roku TV has been giving me a message that I need to upgrade my subscription whenever I try to watch channels like Food Network, Syfy, USA, etc. even though those channels are included with my plan.

I defintely subscribe to those channels and have no problem viewing them on the X1 DVR in my living room, just in the app.  I also tried Xfinity Stream through the browser on my laptop and am having the same issue.

I saw a few others had this problem and they suggested I call and reach out to billing so they could 'reset' my username, but I've tried twice now and both times I've been disconnected after holding so I figured I'd see if there was a different route I could take to solve this.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue here.   Been a few days now.   Tech was asking what TV i have to see if it supported which doesn't sense b/c it isn't the TV but a channel lineup issue.   My channel line up doesn't work on the xfinity stream website, other TVs or mobile devices.   (Also, everything worked fine on all my TV's till a few days ago).   All the channels other than the most basic it is asking me to subscribe for  when I already have them, it isn't an app or tv/phone hardware issue.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

It looks like Xfinity Stream TV services are slowly being restored for me.  YMMV.  All TV channels for my package are now available in the Stream app on Roku, Android and web.  Scheduled recordings are possible.  Previously scheduled recording are nearly all back.  Progress.  We are getting closer to full resolution of the issue.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I was supposed to receive a call today from and advanced technician, but of course did not. Still cannot watch any tv unless I watch 1 of the 14 channels on a computer. For some reason, Roku stream app does not show had local channels.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

3 years ago

I received the same message today trying to watch a replay on ABC.  It worked fine yesterday.  I have TV 125 channels and internet. When I select upgrade, the bill first shows internet-only then switches automatically to my full plan after the page fully loads.  If it is not fixed tomorrow, I will contact Xfinity.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

3 years ago

Follow-up:  the app works fine on the Samsung TVs.  My solution was to add the Xfinity account app to all mobile devices that have the Xfinity app, and sign-in on those devices.  I created a member account for a household member who does not make billing changes.  I do not know what changed.  Perhaps, Xfinity add an extra layer of security to prevent app sharing.  The problem could also have been caused by using the app away from home--a rare occurrence or recent account changes that have caused mix-ups for a few months.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here