chris_ta05259's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Saturday, November 21st, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream says I'm need to upgrade to watch channels I'm already subscribed to.

For the past couple days, the Xfinity Stream app on my Roku TV has been giving me a message that I need to upgrade my subscription whenever I try to watch channels like Food Network, Syfy, USA, etc. even though those channels are included with my plan.

I defintely subscribe to those channels and have no problem viewing them on the X1 DVR in my living room, just in the app.  I also tried Xfinity Stream through the browser on my laptop and am having the same issue.

I saw a few others had this problem and they suggested I call and reach out to billing so they could 'reset' my username, but I've tried twice now and both times I've been disconnected after holding so I figured I'd see if there was a different route I could take to solve this.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same thing happened to me. Half my channels disappeared overnight, though they are still available on the TV

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

3 years ago

Same thing happen to us - streaming not working on the Roku or the web based app through chrome on my PC - Just about every channel says we are not subscribed when I know we are - our cable boxes on the other TV's work fine.  It started late last night, so I called Comcast.  

After several frustrating minutes, I was finally able to talk with a real person.  Spent about 1/2 hour troubleshooting with that person, when they escalated my case to someone else.  I was then told there was some kind of an outage and that it would be fixed by midnight - it wasn't.  I went to bed thinking it would hopefully be fixed by morning - 8 hours later it wasn't.

Called again, spent 1 hour troubleshooting with a new person.  They escalated my case again.  Spent another 1/2 hour troubleshooting with the new person.  After several minutes of consulting with others, they decided once again there was an outage.  I was told I would receive a call and an email within the next 24 to 48 hours after they are able to fix this problem and in the meantime we were given a $15 credit on our bill.  They also gave me 2 ticket numbers, one for my individual problem and one for the system wide outage.

I'm not too confident that they even know what the problem is and if they can fix it.  I guess we will see, If I don't hear back or the problem is not resolved in the next 48 hours I will be calling again.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

having same issue.  customer service for xfinity is very frustrating.  

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Had exact issue beginning Friday evening.  Made three calls to support.  FIrst agent couldn't resolve problem after 48 minutes and said she'd look into it further and  call back; didn't.  Second agent insisted my Preferred package didn't include CNN, along with several others.  Told him I was viewing channel lineup on Xfinity site and it was included, along with many others that I'm unable to stream.  Third agent said there was an outage that was impacting streaming of subscribed channels, that it was being addressed and I'd be notified by text when resolved.  Just noted that my box isn't recording preset episodes on those same channels.   (By the way, there is NO mention of any outage in my area on the website.) 

UPDATE: Mine's back up and working properly.  While issues do sometimes occur, I think the take-away is that they should communicate more effectively with their agents, so that they're aware of these problems before wasting a lot of their customers' time with guesswork and dead-end attempts at solutions.  It's really frustrating and time-consuming for their customers.  Even posting alerts would let us know that there is a problem and that they're working on it.  In this case, the negative experience that I had with poorly-trained and uninformed agents superceded the problem itself.  Good luck everyone.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

Yeah just noticed the same thing on our DVR about fifteen minutes ago.  No recordings are working on any of the cable channels, while channels like CBS we're able to record on.  Stream app still not working at all.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Ditto for me. CNN and ESPN. Although others work like FOX News. Text chat with xfinity said they were working through the issue and should be resolved 12 hours or something. I forget. That was 24 hours ago. Still working on it I guess.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks - glad it's working for you.

Still no luck on this end for me.  I tried logging out and logging back in on the Roku app and still no luck.  Also the DVR issues where I can't record cable channels still persists.  Going to give it until morning then reach out to Comcast again.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

3 years ago

I got a call from comcast at about 2:30 PM.  I was told the outage should be fixed by 10 PM. 

I checked at 8 PM to see if it was back up and both my Roku and the web based app were working - everything seems to be back to normal. 

If it's still not working for you, try logging out and logging back in.  Good Luck.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

3 years ago

I logged out and then in on the web based app on my PC 1st...  Here's a link if you haven't tried that...

https://www.xfinity.com/stream/ 

After logging back in, I went to LiveTV and made sure my channels were working there.  Then I logged out and back in on the Roku app and tested to make sure those channels were working.  Might be worth a shot to see if that works for you. 

We never use the DVR functions so I don't know if that's working or not on our end, so that could be causing your problem.  Hope you get it working.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Exact same thing has happend to us! I try logging out from the Roku, but it din't work! 

By the looks of it, I should just wait ... I do not have the patience or the time to stay hours with customer service!! 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Having the same issue starting Friday 11/20/2020.  I was on hold for the 2nd tier Tech Support for almost an hour wait (twice!) to be told that they are aware of the this problem and the the engineers are working on it!  YES the first tier tech support could not tell me that! had to wait for an hour for the 2nd Tier Support to tell me that.

Anyways, one user reported that remove and re-install the app solved the problem.  Anyone else had luch with this? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Now I'm being told that they have an advanced repair team that will be contacting me but they  do not work on the weekends so I will have to wait until tomorrow to get a call back.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I did a factory reset of my Roku and reinstalled the app and still nothing. I just logged onto my Xfinity account and it shows that I only get 14 channels. Check out your channel lineup and see if you have the same issue.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Im having the same issue.  Xfinity Streaming Services will only stream the basic cable package (ie ABC, CBS, NBC, etc) when I pay for a much more expansive service lineup.  It is currently not serving all my subscribed channels on a Win10Pro computer through www.xfinity.com/stream via Chrome or Edge browsers; Roku Ultra box via the Xfinity Stream beta App; or Apple Iphone via the Xfinity stream AppStore app. But I am able to view all my subscribed to channels on the rented X1 Xfinity Cable box.

I have reset the X1 cable box and reset my Xfinity ISP modem/router to no avail.  Customer service sent a refresh signal and said to wait an hour, but that did not solve the issue either.  The root cause seems to be the Xfinity Streaming service not reading my paid for subscribtion and after reading this post, it seems to be affecting many more customers than just myself.   Guess we just have to wait for Xfinity to get their programers to resolve the technical glitch/error.

Update:

After another phone call today and another incident ticket, I'm finally back online with all the streaming apps. Roku, online and phone app!! They told me today it was a nationwide outage and it should be fixed in 24 hours. Hopefully this is to stay 🙂

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

I spoke with customer service because I’m having the exact same problem and have been for a few days. Apparently there is a solution in the works and it is some sort of a glitch that the technicians are working on behind the scenes. I was offered a one day credit on my account and we’ll see if that solution comes overnight tonight. Otherwise I’ll be calling back tomorrow because this is kind of annoying. The only channels I watch at home or CNN and a few others that are missing. And that’s the bulk of my TV watching is through the app so my hope is they have it fixed quickly. Good luck y’all.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

So still no luck.  After calling in twice and not being able to get through to a live person I tried going through chat, who decided they wanted a tech to come out to the house.

I'm not having a tech come out a disrupt everything when everybody in the house either works or attends school remotely right now -- especially since this a problem affecting so many people that it can't be something a tech is going to be able to do anything on site.

Guess we'll just wait and see for now - others on Reddit have seemed to indicate that the issue needs an advanced support team that doesn't work on weekends so who knows.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here