Irish_One's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, May 19th, 2012 4:00 PM

Closed

Watch ESPN iPhone App - Unable to play video

I am trying out the new Watch ESPN app on iPhone and when clicking on Watch Now I get an error message stating "Access to this content requires a television subscription.  Please contact your TV proider to subscribe".

Is there a seperate subscription required to watch on the ESPN app?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

7.2K Messages

12 years ago

@MegSU wrote:

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I've tried logging out and back in on both ESPN & Comcast.  I've tried different browers and I've restarted my computer.  I've also tried re-installing the App but nothing is working for either.  

Try deleting your cookies and cache and then try again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
@TWITTER: @XfinityTVJoe

Official Employee

• 

7.2K Messages

12 years ago

@MegSU wrote:

Hi!  I'm trying to login and watch Wimbledon on the app or on my computer.  ESPN is saying that I must be on my home internet connection to watch?!?!?!?  

This is new.  I've used the app and my computer from the same location on numerous occasions.  Please help!  

Try logging out and then log back in and then try again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Ok, that worked!  My computer is now able to watch but the App is still not working...  😞

Sadly the App is much more important than my computer.  Any suggestions??

~Meg

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

On Adroid, I was able to get it to stream video and resolve the "Unable to play video - null" error by logging out and back in again (under settings).

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I signed up for Comcast TV two days ago.  I am using a cable card with a TiVo Series 3.  That part is working well.

However, on watchespn.com and on the wathespn app on iPad and iPhone, I get the following error after trying to play espn or espn2 when I log in with my comcast account:

"Access to this content requires a television subscription. Please contact your TV provider to subscribe."

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and that didn't work.  I emptied cache (on the computer) and that didn't work.  Anything else I can try?  Has my account just not registered the TV access yet?  I am able to watch espn from xfinitytv.com, but that doesn't help with the mobile devices.

Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

7.2K Messages

12 years ago

@byumark14 wrote:

I signed up for Comcast TV two days ago.  I am using a cable card with a TiVo Series 3.  That part is working well.

However, on watchespn.com and on the wathespn app on iPad and iPhone, I get the following error after trying to play espn or espn2 when I log in with my comcast account:

"Access to this content requires a television subscription. Please contact your TV provider to subscribe."

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and that didn't work.  I emptied cache (on the computer) and that didn't work.  Anything else I can try?  Has my account just not registered the TV access yet?  I am able to watch espn from xfinitytv.com, but that doesn't help with the mobile devices.

Thanks.

Try watching our ESPN feed from XFINITY.com/TV and let me know if you are getting the same error message.

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

That is the Trick.

Had the Null error on my Droid 2 Global.  Did the logout and login and that did the trick.  One question.  Why is MNF blackedout on my device?

Official Employee

• 

7.2K Messages

12 years ago

@MattHaegele wrote:

That is the Trick.

Had the Null error on my Droid 2 Global.  Did the logout and login and that did the trick.  One question.  Why is MNF blackedout on my device?

Due to rights differences, Monday Night Football is only available on ESPNnetworks.com and the WatchESPN application on tablets. 

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Hi,

I'm having trouble signing into my account on the iphone app - the app asks me to choose my provider, and when I choose comcast it asks me to log in.  I put in my login and password, I hit sign in, and the app just erases the fields.  It doesn't sign in, it just erases what I wrote. 

Help please! Thanks!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

hello im having the same problem as byumark14.  I can watch it on xfinitytv.com but still get that air message on the app, I can watch espn3,  but not espn espn2 or espnu using the app

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Hello I'm having the same problem as byumark14. My phone app says unable to play video call TV provider but i can watch on xfinitytv.com please help

Official Employee

• 

7.2K Messages

12 years ago

@kpulliam63 wrote:
Hello I'm having the same problem as byumark14. My phone app says unable to play video call TV provider but i can watch on xfinitytv.com please help

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

alright so looks like its getting closer.  it isnt saying that anymore,  but as it opens it will just freze.  still no call?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Joe

i have the same issue. I used to be able to wath ESPN and ESPN 2 on the iphone App, but now i keep getting error message to call subscriber as its not in my pckage. I am only able to view ESPN 3.

I have been working with someone at Comcast (xtn 17774) but after 5 days of troubleshooting still no fix

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Im having the same issue as well.... Cant watch ESPN on the Watch ESPN app on ipad. Says I need subscription (Which I already have). Comcast, PLEASE help us!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here