slundin's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, May 15th, 2019 10:00 AM

Closed

Re: Xfinity Stream App error TVAPP-00116

I dropped my Directv service about 9 months ago and went for the Xfinity Streaming Beta.  I went for a deal to upgrade my Xfinity/Comcast internet speed and added instant TV.  I found I needed one of the better Roku sticks to succeed with the Beta.  I have the Beta working at 5 locations in my house:  family room, master bedroom, company bedroom, garage, and kitchen - but I've never used more than 2 of those at once.  The primary disappointment of this has been the TCL TV I purchased for the kitchen.  I've often gotten the dreaded TVAPP-00116 at that location.  I found the following solution:  I stopped using the TCL's built-in Roku hardware and plugged a Roku streaming stick into HDMI2.   No more error, but for some reason, I thus far have to power the stick manually before selecting the Xfinity app. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@slundin wrote:

I dropped my Directv service about 9 months ago and went for the Xfinity Streaming Beta.  I went for a deal to upgrade my Xfinity/Comcast internet speed and added instant TV.  I found I needed one of the better Roku sticks to succeed with the Beta.  I have the Beta working at 5 locations in my house:  family room, master bedroom, company bedroom, garage, and kitchen - but I've never used more than 2 of those at once.  The primary disappointment of this has been the TCL TV I purchased for the kitchen.  I've often gotten the dreaded TVAPP-00116 at that location.  I found the following solution:  I stopped using the TCL's built-in Roku hardware and plugged a Roku streaming stick into HDMI2.   No more error, but for some reason, I thus far have to power the stick manually before selecting the Xfinity app. 

last update we had was there is a maximum of 2 streams at the same time for instant TV service and 5 streams maximum for homes with at least one x1 set top box.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

slundin, are you only seeing the error message on that one specific Roku stick? Which Roku is it? 

Ken

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

slundin, 

The Xfinity TV Beta app is available on select Roku TV models and all Roku streaming media players, including the Roku 5XXX, 6XXX, 7XXX and 8XXX series TVs; Roku Streaming Media Players: Premier (4620), Premier+ (4630), Ultra (4640, 4660); Roku 4 (4400); Roku 3 (4200, 4230); Roku 2 (4210); and Roku Streaming Sticks: Express (3700, 3900), Express+ (3710, 3910), Streaming Stick (3600); and Streaming Stick+ (3800, 3810). Devices must be on minimum firmware version 7.5.

If your roku device isn't on this list, we do not officially support it on our app at this time. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

FYI, my HDMI2 solution worked for 3 or 4 days, and now it fails most of the time with the same TVAPP-00116 error.  But still, I only have the problem (regularly) with the TCL TV.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have a new TCL TV and keep getting that error. How do we reset?  Help

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Fldav, I understand that TCL TVs have Roku built inside them?  At this time, the only TVs officially supported by the Stream app are: 

*********Update***********

Just got confirmation from the Stream App team that Roku TVs are supported. 

The following TVs will roll out Beta later this year:

• LG 4K Ultra HD (UHD) Smart TVs
  • Sony Smart TVs

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Hey Everyone, when troubleshooting for Roku Stream App issues, please follow these steps: 

1. Restart Roku 
2. Uninstall XFINITY Stream app 
3. Restart Roku 
4. Install XFINITY Stream app 
5. Restart Roku 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Any other ideas? I've had this problem on and off since March. Had xfinity beta and used it just fine for a year before that. Only certain local channels give this error., And those channels change when it gets to working and then stops again. Sat on the phone with Xfinity for hours on multiple days escalated to the select trouble shooting team and they have yet to figure this out......for 8 months now I have been unable to fully enjoy the service I pay for. If you have a Roku and you want to stream xfinity beta like any other stream service....my advice is DON'T DO IT! Get another service without a beta app.!!!!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here