sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I just wanted to stand up with everyone else here and state that as a customer, I would like to be able to access HBOGO from my Roku!

If this is not an option in the near future and if I am not able to find a work-around I will leave Comcast.

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

10 years ago

Samsung SmartTV just got it. Finally. Maybe roku is right around the corner

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Why does Comcast not support HBO Go on Roku? I pay a ridiculous amount to have HBO but I can't watch old shows on my TV? Why?

Incompetance or malevolence? You decide.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

It shows Time Warner as one of the cable providers you can choose from. Just no Xfinity!! I tried to use TW since they are now one huge monopoly! Didn't work...Boo Xfinity!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

That's exactly why!! It's like Garden Gecko is running Comcast!! "Greed is good.." Yeah know, Wall Street.
We all need to leave to just Roku apps!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Like the merger with TW it's all about the $$!! They were supposed to help me get a better deal thru their "loyalty department", they basically extorted me and lied for the thousands time then strapped me into a 2 year commitment!! No go HBO Go on my Roku. Boo to Xfinity!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Maybe as long as customers keep up pressure to add our streaming players!! They are suppose to work for us. However, there is no such thing as security in the "Cloud". Zero!!

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

If you have 4TVs are you going to rent 4 cable boxes?

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I kept on receiving emails about this....but Comcast is moving at a snail pace....Xfinity needs to be on ROKU ....they want us to pay rental on thos small adapters for 1.95 each month.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

@RingOfStones wrote:

Why does Comcast not support HBO Go on Roku? I pay a ridiculous amount to have HBO but I can't watch old shows on my TV? Why?

Incompetance or malevolence? You decide.

There's no possible way for this to be incompetance.  This has been an issue for more than half a decade.  If you can't get something done in half a decade that every other provider can do it's for a reason.

I hate cable boxes, I put a ton of effort into having all of my media available through one device, my Rokus.  I pay for HBO.  Can't watch it live with the HDHomeRun Prime because of the copy once flag, can't watch it delayed because Comcast wont authorize the Roku for HBO Go.  If I had literally any other cable provider in the US I would have one of these two options available to me.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

Good article in the WSJ today (actually I think it was an editorial) outlining the issue of fast internet access in the usa, and how companies like comcast and att are keeping slow internet speeds as long as possible..throwing up all sorts of roadblocks to google and others who want to provide gigabit speeds via fiber. Another reason not to like this merger which will tend to perpetuate the status quo--which is exactly what this merger is about.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

I can only speak to Direct TV, but you will have access to hbo go if you subscribe to hbo via DTV.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

Just posted this to their customer service feedback page:

Still cannot access HBO GO through my Roku streaming player. Comcast is about the sole remaining service that blocks this. Time Warner, Cox, and just about all other cable companies now support it, as do Dish Network and DirecTV. There is absolutely no reason for Comcast not to. If the Comcast situation does not soon change, I will possibly keep my Comcast internet, but will definitely be dropping the phone service, and switching my TV service to Dish, or DTV.

Also noticed today that they have been billing me 5 months for a DVR that was lost in a house fire back in September.  I told them of the loss less than a week after the fire. Now they're telling me that I am going to have to pay for the DVR!  If I'm renting a house and it burns down, I don't have to pay for the house - it's the owner's responsibility to carry fire insurance.

Also asked about swapping out my pathetic current DVR for an X1 box, and was told I would have to pay an installation fee.  Sheesh.  Man Mad

Does anyone know if I keep my Comcast internet, but switch to Dish or DTV, will I then be able to access HBO GO through my Roku?  The verification process asks for your TV provider, not your internet provider....

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

10 years ago

@94heritage wrote:

Just posted this to their customer service feedback page:

Still cannot access HBO GO through my Roku streaming player. Comcast is about the sole remaining service that blocks this. Time Warner,...

Time Warner probably won't for long, Comcast just acquired them pending Fed approval.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Comcast does not block HBO GO, they just refuse to authenticate if they are your TV provider.  You will have no issue with HBO Go if you switch to Dish or DTV and keep Comcast internet.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here