sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have not yet found an answer in any of the posts - WHEN is COMCAST going to fix the ROKU issue?

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@DATMERT wrote:

I have not yet found an answer in any of the posts - WHEN is COMCAST going to fix the ROKU issue?

Pretty sure they are not going to support Roku. They don't consider it broken, nothing to fix. There is no revenue stream for them there.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

HBO GO and HBO VOD for TV are not the same.  HBO on Comcast VOD only offers limited programming; however, HBO GO for Android and PC (my equipment) offers nearly all season of current and older programming.  Can watch episodes JOHN ADAMS, SEX AND THE CITY, SOPRANOS any time on the go.  Comcast only offer abbreviated selections.  For example:  THE SOPRANOS has been available online; but only On Demand by Comcast since James Gandofini's passing.  Has been changing season each month.  SEX AND THE CITY is available every October.  During Breast Cancer Awareness Month, episodes that deal the Samantha's cancer (excluding one, for unknown reason) are available to HBO subscribers and as free-view for the public. 

In many areas HBO GO is available on ROKU devices.  For unknown reasons, Comcast does not share GO with ROKU.

Disbelieve me?  Check out comcast.net to find nearly all of HBO content.  Also check roku.com to see list of cable operators that share HBO GO.  Comcast is conspicuously absent.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

It is extra for HD receivers in multiple rooms.  Therefore, I only have a basic free cable box in my room.   I do have a roku in my room.  I could watch HBO go content if xfinity would allow it.  That is why I want access to this app.  They allow HBO go access on the Apple TV.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

HBO Go has everything HBO has ever produced, every season, every episode, every movie .

Nothing else offers this, and I want to  view it on a big screen not my ipad

I don't understand why Roku will not work with this. As an HBO subsccriber on Comcast, I want the full HBOgo available to me on Roku, just as it is available to HBO subscribers on ATT, Verizon, Dish and so on

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

HBO Go has everything HBO has ever produced, every season, every episode, every movie .

I don't understand why Roku will not work with this. As an HBO subsccriber on Comcast, I want the full HBOgo available to me on Roku, just as it is available to HBO subscribers on ATT, Verizon, Dish and so on

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

People have been asking for this for years I see from looking at these forums .

I don't understand why Roku will not work with this. As an HBO subscriber on Comcast, I  think we should have the full HBOgo available to me on Roku, just as it is available to HBO subscribers on ATT, Charter,Verizon, Dish and so on

Please explain why you will not allow this

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

i been having the same problem when trying to watch HBO on my samsung smart tv every other provider seem to have it except for comcast. just giving time for my contract to finish and i most likely be switching companies is really a shame but why pay for something if you cant use all the features

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

@jhusosky, my taxes and fees are $1.72, not quite a boatload. 

Also, I found out I can get an HD STB for just $2.15/month so... I'm paying the same as I would be without HBO or CableTV and getting HBO and CableTV. I've reconsidered and am sticking with it, but would really prefer if HBO Go was available through the Roku box. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Except the OnDemand isn't working at this point.  So, I asked, what should I do?  The answer:  wait, it will be back any day now.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I completely agree. And, we still have to subscribe to HBO with our service provider - in this case Comcast - to be able to stream through ROKU. It is not like we would be able to drop Comcast when we start watching HBOGO through ROKU. Without a subscription with a cable service provider we could not access HBOGO at all. Please sign a contract with ROKU and let your subscribers have the full benefits of their HBO subscriptions like most other sevice providers. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

Noticed that WatchESPN is now on the roku.  A cable subscription is required to authorize that and comcast is one of the stable of cable companies that can be used to authorize that.

Wonder what's different with HBO2go

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

10 years ago

@djrichard wrote:

Noticed that WatchESPN is now on the roku.  A cable subscription is required to authorize that and comcast is one of the stable of cable companies that can be used to authorize that.

Wonder what's different with HBO2go

I think xFinity and Disney have some type of partnership with respect to the WatchESPN app/channel. Probably didn't have a choice since Disney is bringing an entire group of WATCH channels to Roku through then end of this month.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

When can we expect to have HBO Go on the Roku channel?

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

@lukecurley wrote:

When can we expect to have HBO Go on the Roku channel?

tomorrow.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here