sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

Everyone just get a different tv service provider. Keep Comcast Internet if u don't have another Internet option but move on to dish or uverse or fios or something. If everyone bails it will not take long fir comcast to straighten up. Then come back if u like . U may find the other providers to be better. They all offer hbogo on roku and samsung TV

Problem Solver

• 

965 Messages

11 years ago

Seems like DIRECTV might not be offering it at least on Roku, so "they all" don't really offer it either.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

11 years ago

Direct and Comcast are the hold outs, I have both of course

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

I couldn't be happier as today as I called and cancelled my Comcast TV and phone service.  The person from Comcast asked me why and the first reason was the HBOGO and Roku issue.  The dude was unaware and said he never heard of this and I directed him to this thread on thier forum and all he could say is that he was shocked.  I went on to mention that Comcast was being a bully and I pay for this and should be able to use my Roku and he had no response except that he was sorry to hera this.  Yesterday I had DISH come out and install their new Hopper and Joey service and it's trully amazing!  I now have both East and West feeds of HBO and Showtime in HD.  My wife records a ton of stuff on the DVR and so many times I couldn't watch any TV because she used both tuners to record at the same time.  With the Hopper, that's all gone now, YEAH!!

I enjoyed activating HBOGO on my Roku last night too along with the DISH Anywhere apps on my phone and tablet.  Their new Primetime Anytime is awesome too.  Plus, all this is costing me less per month.  I should have done this sooner.  I bet Comcast will delete this post shortly?  I did keep my Comcast Internet.

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

Nice. Keep dropping Comcast customers. Eventually they will get the message . Hit them where it hurts, in the wallet...

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

I enjoyed activating HBOGO on my Roku last night too along with the DISH Anywhere apps on my phone and tablet.  Their new Primetime Anytime is awesome too.  Plus, all this is costing me less per month.  I should have done this sooner.  I bet Comcast will delete this post shortly?  I did keep my Comcast Internet.

two, check out the HBOgo on the onDemand -- you don't even NEED the Roku if you are at home. OnDemand has it all.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for your suggestion - I'm having DISH with HBO installed in a few days.  I plan to drop Comcast TV and keep internet/phone.  The Hopper with Sling sounds fabulous - much better than the lousy Scientific Atlanta 8300HD that Comcast gave me .  Should save a lot of money too.

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

HEY COMCAST! are you reading this? You are officially losing customers because of your RIDICULOUSLY STUPID HBOGO POLICY! Get your head out if your posterior and do something about it.... Or not. I'm sure more will follow soon .…

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

We should be able to access HBO go on everything!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Comcast should add Roku device support for premium content; especially HBOGO. This is a needless restriction on our access to high priced content.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

Just switched tv to Dish - everyone should do this! I don't know why there was even a debate. Better picture, service to another room, more recordings at a time, box and menu is of this century - and hbo go on my rokus! Even if I keep all the premium channels after intro offer it is still less than the package from Kabletown. And the menu is like Dos VS Windows - you can surf on demand while you watch your channel or recording - no forced advert. And pip works if your TV supports it! I so should have known this sooner.

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@cinvt wrote:

Just switched tv to Dish - everyone should do this! I don't know why there was even a debate. Better picture, service to another room, more recordings at a time, box and menu is of this century - and hbo go on my rokus! Even if I keep all the premium channels after intro offer it is still less than the package from Kabletown. And the menu is like Dos VS Windows - you can surf on demand while you watch your channel or recording - no forced advert. And pip works if your TV supports it! I so should have known this sooner.

Yep. Now, check out the HBO On Demand.....you don't even NEED the Roku unless away from home now. It's all on the on demand.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

As I've only recently added digital video service (incl. HBO) w/ Comcast, and I'm a relatively new Roku user (<1 yr), I just wanted to add my voice of disappointment that HBO GO is not authorized by Xfinity / Comcast via the Roku box.  Once we've decided to shell out the $$ for multiple platforms, we want to be able to utilize them!!

While I assume that it has to do with them wanting to maintain a degree of control via their own On Demand & Streampix outlets, the powers that be should be cautioned that this IS seen as undesirable from a customer perspective and savvy subscribers will continue - for reasons like this - to seek alternatives that provide the benefits of content as well as economy.

In other words....  COME ON, XFINITY!!!  GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!!  Allow us to access the content to which we subscribe via your company!!  It might just earn you a little (sorely-needed) GOODWILL!!

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@rog286713 wrote:

it has nothing to do with any local provider, comcast does not support the app on roku.   The only way to get it is on your computer, mobile device or xbox360

You failed to mention the alternative-switch to a provider that DOES allow the app on Roku.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I just got comcast cable mainly for HBO GO on Roku. Then I find out that they do not allow the HBO GO channel on Roku.

Comcast, why is this connection to HBO GO content not supported? This may be a deal breaker for me and I'm sure many other subscribers.

Comcast has a beautiful app for iphone and android devices. So much better than digital set-top box user interface and it offers more content than 'On demand.' Are there any plans to make an Xfinity player channel on Roku? Why is what you offer on a laptop or mobile device better than what you offer on TV?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here